1.    #1  
    I've read in many of the forums that the volume control for the Treo 650 phone and ringer don't stay where it was set. I too encountered the problem.

Today its solved!

Look carefully as you adjust the volume control when you are not making a call. This is adjusting the ringer volume. You will also notice the words "Press side key to confirm". So if you just only adjust the ringer volume without pressing the side key, the ringer volume won't be locked in and will go back to a lower volume.

Make a call and then adjust the volume. You would not notice any such message "Press side key to confirm". However, out of curiosity, I tried the side key after the volume buttons and the volume stays! But you need to do this for speaker phone mode as well. And also with the headphones plugged in. So three different volume settings when calling (top speaker, speaker phone and headphone).

So my conclusion: Its a User Interface ommission to leave out the message for the volume control in phone mode. That's why no one tried it.

Let me know how it works for you.
    Worked for me. Thanks!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    booo, it' didn't work for me... j/p
    Several of us have tried this and it did not work. For many it does work, congratulations.
  5. yee
    it worked for me, too. thanks. I was going to ask this question, now it's solved.
    Now if you can only find a solution for the low earpiece volume even when the settings are all on their highest...
    this works but when you do a soft reset all volume levels are set back to default. Since the 650 is infamous for soft resetting itself (does it sometimes when im not watching!) the option to remember volume setting is pretty worthless.
    It would just be too simple to make the setting "sticky", I suppose. Why the extra step? Is this a safeguard against accidentally turning up or down the ringer? A molded-in shroud around the volume rocker switch would have been a much better solution.

Todd/Indy
    I posted this on a couple threads but I notice when I have my Motorola BT device active when making or receiving a call, if I hit the mute button on phone and then un mute my volume goes way up on the BT device so I can hear the other party over all outside noise. Works most of the time but if you hit a key for any reason it deactivates. Wow what was the programmer thinking of when he did the mute key. Try and let me know what happens with BT device.
    It says "Ringer Volume" on my Unlocked GSM, not "Speaker Volume"...
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Now if you can only find a solution for the low earpiece volume even when the settings are all on their highest...
    What? Couldn't hear ya!
    damn 10% hearing lost

my Unlocked GSM one is quiet, but im able to use it perfectly fine...wish it was louder though...the ringtones on my phone are at 4...and thats incredibly loud, and the system volume 2, but i will put it down to 1 soon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkLegGT
    What? Couldn't hear ya!
    me either??
    Can you hear me now...
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    what are you talking about?
    this thread is retarded.
    Former I-500, Treo 600
    Former 650 User !
    Former 700p
    Now 755P
    *All Sprint*
    Quote Originally Posted by NX01
    It says "Ringer Volume" on my Unlocked GSM, not "Speaker Volume"...
    On my Sprint 650, it says "Call Volume" if I do it while actually on a call. Did you try it while on a call?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    The earpiece that ships with the T650 (and T600) are pieces of c**p, I used an el cheapo 3rd party earpiece on my T600 and the volume was so high on calls that I had the volume level at the second lowest setting (sometimes even the lowest setting was too loud).
    Quote Originally Posted by AlleyCat
    The earpiece that ships with the T650 (and T600) are pieces of c**p, I used an el cheapo 3rd party earpiece on my T600 and the volume was so high on calls that I had the volume level at the second lowest setting (sometimes even the lowest setting was too loud).
    Are you saying we can hack the OEM piece and install a 3rd party earpiece? Please, tell us more!
    Easy, get a Bluespoon AX... problem solved!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tedro
    Easy, get a Bluespoon AX... problem solved!!!
    I did! It's backordered from http://www.blueheadsets.com
    I should get it sometime next week.
    They've got a great deal by throwing in lifetime replacement and wall and car chargers for the OEM MSRP.