Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On my 600, I used to be able to silence the ringer on incoming calls by pressing the volume buttons on the side. This does not seem to be working on my unlocked 650. This is a real annoyance as these buttons are easily accessible when my phone is in its case. Is this a universal problem on 650s? The buttons themselves seem to work during normal phone usage.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    grrrr this is happenning for me as well. And it's supposed to work according to page 44 in the manual. This is a major bummer.
  3.    #3  
    Do you have the unlocked GSM as well? Is this a problem on all 650s? It appears that none of the buttons silence the ringer other than the red button. This has got to be an easy piece of software to write. Why in the world would they get rid of this feature?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Yup, unlocked GSM. I don't know if it affects all 650s. I don't think they intended to get rid of this feature, since it's still in the manual. I think this is just a flat out bug. I don't see the red button as an option either, since there's a big difference between silencing the ringer and ignoring the call. Sometimes I need a second to decide if it's a call I want to take, and I don't want to be one of those people who stares at their phone in public, deciding whether or not to take the call, while it rings over and over... and over...
    i have a subsidy unlocked cingular gsm 650 and the side buttons silence the incoming ringers just fine.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    hmmmm. ok let's dig deeper...

So far the only ringer I've tested it with was a custom ringtone set in a favorite (no fancy 3rd party util, just the built-in MIDI stuff from the favorites options)

infobhan, have you tested with a standard known/unknown caller tone?

If you have, and it's still not working, it's time to start comparing our list of 3rd party apps. :P
  7.    #7  
    I have a standard ringer. This occurred with both known and unknown callers. It looks like a bug in the unlocked treo.
    My ringers go silent when i touch any area in my screen. I have a sprint 650. I haven't tried the side button yet. I figure any button would silence the ringers. Am I wrong?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    We need more people with unlocked GSM 650s to chime in here. So far we're the only two seeing this. If it stays that way I have to assume it's a 3rd party app, and begin the long process of tracking it down.
    have an unlocked gsm 650 and i just tried it and none of the buttons silence it. and i'm using one of the built in ringtones.
  11.    #11  
    The only third party app I have on my machine is the Missing Sync...do you use that?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    >The only third party app I have on my machine is the Missing Sync...do you use that?

No I don't, since I use a Windows machine for my treo. Does Missing Sync have a component that installs on the treo? (I thought it was only installed on the host Mac.)
  13.    #13  
    There is a component which installs on the Treo. But it looks like that's not the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimeeboy51
    My ringers go silent when i touch any area in my screen. I have a sprint 650. I haven't tried the side button yet. I figure any button would silence the ringers. Am I wrong?
    Also a Sprint user, built-in ringers: My volume rocker and side buttons quiet the ring, as does any of the app buttons (except the phone buttons, which answer or ignore the call).
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Unlocked GSM model here...none of the buttons silence the ringer for me either.
    I have a Cingular GSM model. The side button works for me. Using standard ringer.
    Another unlocked GSM here, and no pushing the buttons does not silence the ringer as the manual said it would. Swithing the top Ring VS Silent mode does, but that's it.

Also something I would normally expect is that in silent mode with vibrate on, if I get an incoming call, I would expect that pushing the volume keys would silence the vibrater. This also doesn't happen.

Another issue is then recieving a call and you don't wish to answer it, there is no way to silence the ringer or vibrater with out alerting the caller that you are there. I found out today, that if you push the ignore button on the touch screen it sends some signal that causes AT&T to tell the caller you are on another call (when instead you just don't want to answer the phone or be nagged by the ringer/vibrator). The ignore button should just ignore them and let them default to the voicemail like every other phone I have ever had.

These are the first and so far only issues I have with the phone, very annoying, but I can deal with them for now.
    Oh, and these are the standard ringers that come with the phone and the only software I have installed that doesn't come in the package is Avantgo and Yaps.
  19.    #19  
    Has anyone tried calling PalmOne about this? Any way to make them aware of the problem?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if there's a more direct route to contact P1, but I just sent a message to them via their contact page:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/co...l_support.html
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast