Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have an unlocked 650 and only the calendar and sms buttons silence the ringer for me.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Oh, and I did confirm the calendar key does silence the ringer on mine while side buttons do not. Here's my firmware:

Firmware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware: A
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tlser20det
    so far seems like only the unlocked ones suffer from this...

this is mines:

Mine is locked and I have the same issue (locked to cingular)
    Same issue here. I have T-Mobile and if I press the Red button to Ignore, it does send it into VM right away, without any provider messages. The inconvenience really comes into play when the T650 is sitting on your waist and rings or vibrates. You can not discretely silence it without removing the unit from the holster/case.
    Thanks,

np
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Mine is locked and I have the same issue (locked to cingular)
    doh, well that goes that theory! haha..
    abacusnw, could you list your firmware, etc.? I think you're the first person with an unlocked GSM 650 to report the side buttons actually silence the ringer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Rocker button does not silence the ringer on mine...the Calendar and Messaging button do, though.

How do I view the Firmware, Software, and Hardware versions? I know I did it the first day I got mine but don't remember how I did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Rocker button does not silence the ringer on mine...the Calendar and Messaging button do, though.

How do I view the Firmware, Software, and Hardware versions? I know I did it the first day I got mine but don't remember how I did it.
    go into the phone app, hit menu > option > phone info
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    go into the phone app, hit menu > option > phone info
    Ah, there it is - thanks.

So, here's my info:

same firmware as mine - but I have the non-silencing side button. Strange...
    Seems like the Dimming Keyboard was a trade off in the GSM phone for the Side buttons
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Firmware - 01.04
    Softrware - 1.02 cng
    Hardware A

Just a note - I had to hard reset my phone 3 times before it would work properly.
    I've notice this from day one. I used this feature all of the time on my 600 and noticed it was missing within the first hour of using my 650. I wasn't aware that it was documented as still being a feature in the Manual so now I'm hopeful for a fix in the distant future. I'm not holding my breath for an immediate fix, though.

Mine does not silence the ringer (side buttons.) Calendar and email buttons on the front do silence them (I'm glad someone figured this one out at least.)

I have an Unlocked.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    So, it seems there's no real rhyme or reason to this problem. I can't imagine palmOne won't offer some kind of firmware update at some point. My Sony Ericsson cellphone seemed to have firmware updates monthly, why wouldn't a $450-$700 (or $600, depending on how fast your wallet flew open for the unlocked) smartphone.

It's time to let palm know resets aren't going to do anything until they update this thing. I got that email too by the way: "Soft Reset, Warm Reset, Hard Reset, magic Voo Doo Dance, then repeat." Gimme a break!
    i posted on the palmone help forums and got this reply:

"It is a relatively minor bug (but clearly disappointing to you) as you presumably still have the functionality on the main keyboard buttons and application buttons. I will report it to palmOne QA anyhow to request it gets fixed in updated ROMs. "
    That sounds dangerously close to them crying "Boo Hoo". Shouldn't they care a bit more about the real beta testers out there, the early adopters.

Plus, it's not like it's the only "bug" this unit has effecting the phone funtionality anyway (like the bluetooth not routing outgoing calls to headsets). I hope those forums do more to report problems than the lame tech support I talked to.
    Last edited by maccool; 02/21/2005 at 10:36 PM.
    i also have an unlocked gsm and the side buttons do NOT silence the ringer. I actually have both phones, unlocked and CIngular, and only the Cingular has the option for the side buttons silence. Also, one other interesting fact is that the Cingular version's speaker
    volume is way louder than the unlocked version. It seems that so far the Cingular ROM works better than Palm One's.
    Quote Originally Posted by abacusnw
    Firmware - 01.04
    Softrware - 1.02 cng
    Hardware A

Just a note - I had to hard reset my phone 3 times before it would work properly.
    Uhm based on that firmware you listed you are using a Cingular based phone. Are you sure your phone isn't a cincular one that you got unlocked by cingular? Notice that your firmware is still at 01.04 version versus most unlocked 01.14 and that your software is 1.02 cng (cingular) and not Treo650-1.05-ROW (unlocked palmone GSM).

Once again it looks like unlocked GSM phones from palmone are the ones with the issue (do any of them work?).
    Well, I'll add my $.02 . . .

Unlocked GSM
    Firmware - 01.14
    Software - Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware - A

Like most of you, my volume key does not silence the ringer. Both the Calendar and Messaging keys will silence the ringer.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast