Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    same here, i recently sent them an email as well...
    i also have an unlocked gsm and the side buttons do NOT silence the ringer.. this DID work on my 600..
    got an email back from palmone.. made me laugh...

they said to try: soft reset, warm reset, then hard reset.

oh boy...
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I got the same email from palmone this morning. Hopefully enough people write in to make them take a better look at the problem.
    I've been having the same issue, so I shot off an email to them just now. This better get the ball rolling on some kind of patch (at least for some of the minor irritations). BTW did palmOne's steps actually work?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I've already tried soft and warm resetting several times - no change. I haven't done a hard reset though, since the rest of my 650 is working too well to make me want to risk it. I'm hoping somebody else here might have tried it already.
    I have an unlocked 650. My side buttons don't work (I use those instead of the red button so people don't know they've been sent to VM) but the calendar or message buttons do work. The home and menu buttons don't work though. I am a T-Mobile user (which I don't think matters).
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Must be a bug...mine silences for a note or two by hitting the volume button, then continues to play until I hit it again...seems strange to me. At first I thought it was potentially the ringer sound one was using, but changed it and it made no difference.

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by rysmith
    I have an unlocked 650. My side buttons don't work (I use those instead of the red button so people don't know they've been sent to VM) but the calendar or message buttons do work. The home and menu buttons don't work though. I am a T-Mobile user (which I don't think matters).
    i just tried it and mines is the same as well.. the calendar and message button DOES silence the ringer. i thought i tried those before and they didn't work.. weird.. but i still want the side buttons to silence the ringer.
    sweet at least something silences the ringer!
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    I sent in my email to support as well, and soft/warm resets did not fix it. Waiting to hear back from them again.
    this is what they replied with, i told them that other unlocked 650 users were having this problem as well:

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. Regarding your issue, this is not due to the Unlock Treo™ 650 version that you encounter this problem, but rather I suspect there is a more serious issue with its hardware components. At this point, I would advice you to set up a Service Repair Order. Service Repair Order must be set up through our palmOne telephone Technical Support team. This team can be reached at:

877-426-3777

Please note, support telephone calls are subject to a technical support fee of $25 per incident after 90 days from the date of purchase. However, if your call results in a Service Repair Order, or we are unable to resolve your issue, this fee will be waived.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    find it hard to believe that this many people would have a hardware issue...gotta be a software fix....I hope...

rob
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    >gotta be a software fix

I agree. I mean, the buttons work everywhere else. That to me, means a software fix.
    i agree also.. i hope enough people will chime in to palmone so that they can realize it and possibly put out a fix.. i wonder if they'll even admit to it? haha
    I Am Holding For 2nd Time With Palm. I Have Already Contacted Them About This Prolbme And They Already Sent Out 2nd Unlocked Gsm 650. Both Phones Do Not Silence Ringer Using Volume Keys But As States In Other Post The Calender Button Does Silence Which Is Ok For Now. Thye Are Willing To Send Out Another But It Looks Like It Will Have Same Problem. The Biggest Issue Is Also The Speakerphone Problem. I Can Barely Hear It So Hopefully They Will Fix. As Of Now They Are Saying They Are Working On Generating Problem So They Can Figure Out Issue. Have Not Admitted There Is A Problem More Like They Are Figureing It Out
    Well if we keep getting new phones and returning our "hardware broken" ones, eventualy they will fix the software just so they don't keep wasting there money on returned hardware. So far soft and warm resets have not fixed the problem, I'm debating on trying the hard reset, but I seriously doubt it will do anything. Could do the advanced exchange (which is an option with the treo's) so I wouldn't be without my treo while a new one was on the way, just a waste of time for something that getting a new phone won't fix....
    Mine works.

Cingular, Firmware: 01.04, Software: Treo650-1.02-CNG
    Hardware: A (from Information in the Phone application).
    so far seems like only the unlocked ones suffer from this...

this is mines:

Firmware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware: A
    Last edited by tlser20det; 02/20/2005 at 09:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    same exact info for me: (unlocked)

Firmware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware: A
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast