1.    #1  
    hi there,

in several recent months I sometimes get a problem: someone sends me sms and nothing appears in sms application, nor receiving chime does not sound. if I only use FILEZ application and open the file SMS Messages, there I can click on items there and EDIT/VIEW -> there I can read lost sms, however, always truncated.

I am really angry, for now I never can be sure, that I will get all messages sent to me. Moreover, two or three times it happend the way that even through FILEZ app I cannot find the SMS (although sender got a message from network, that her sms was received).

Could anyone help?

thanx
    For the world is changing: I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, and I smell it in the air.
  2. thespike
    I've just posted this over at treobits.com.. I'm having the same problem, so this might help you? Don't know if it solves it as it's been too soon..

spike...

Using filez I found some files that were called this :

SMS Msg Database
    SMS Messages
    SMS Quicktext
    SMS quicklist
    SMS Special Address

Looked in the SMS Msg Database file and I could see all the messages that I could see through the SMS app - 1 message in the inbox and 15 in the sent.

Looked in SMS Messages and there were the 6 messages that had gone missing, including one that had been copied from my Sim card when I first turned the phone on.

(I couldn't see the missing messages in the SMS App).

I've deleted all the records out of SMS Messages (the ones I couldn't see) and then deleted the file (after backing it up by beaming it to my Clie).

I did a soft reset just for the hell of it, thought it might be a good idea.

The SMS Messages file has been created but is empty. Got the misses to send me a text and it's come through OK.. guess I'll just have to see what happens..
    You must fill First and Last name in the contact application and better you always enter phone no. with +(country code)(area code)(number).
    Regards