1.    #1  
    I was looking for something alittle more user frienly than graffiti and cheeper than a keyboard, i saw that there is a thumbtype program for the palm that has a small keyboarg that sticks over the graffiti area. does anyone know if this works w the visor or if there is something compairible out there

------------------
    Zeedog7
    Hello,

I too have just purchased a VDx and can't wait for it to arrive. There is a program which was designed by a university professor for Palm type computers. The program is QuickWriting. I have tried the Java demo and it is quite effective.

The other good thing is that it includes printable templates (onto transparencies) so you also get a built-in screen protector.

If you do try the program could you post what you think of it?

Enjoy...
    Originally posted by zeedog7:
    i saw that there is a thumbtype program for the palm that has a small keyboarg that sticks over the graffiti area. does anyone know if this works w the visor
    Because they both use the same OS the program should be compatible. I have seen advertisements for the product on Visor Village which leads me to beive that it would work also.
    Another product you might want to give a try is Jot which can be found here. Many people have also given Jot good reviews because of its ability to use the entire screen. The last option, which is the one that I use is Grafitty with a hack ( Screen Write 1.4.4 ) that allows me to use the entire screen to write on.
    Hope this helps.
    BEN
    I think the best alternative to Graffiti is the Newton OS. Of course, that wouldn't work on a Palm device!

A close second is the Fitaly keyboard. I HAVEN'T used it, but from the looks of it, it makes a lot of sense:
    http://www.fitaly.com/fitalystamp/fitalystampdesign.htm

It's basically an overlay for the graffiti area of your screen that instead of using the QWERTY layout (a layout made for TWO hands) it uses a FITALY layout, which is specifically designed for stylus input.
    Zeedog,
    What do you mean by 'user friendly'? What exactly about grafitti do you find not user friendly?

Regarding Quikwriting, I used it for a couple of months and thought it had the potential for being a faster input method than grafitti. But the latest version causes characters in the lower rh screen to get written over which really makes it unusable for me. I haven't found a way to contact the author about this.

And Quikwriting does not qualify as more user friendly than Graffiti; in fact, it's probably the most un-friendly input method around as the character strokes bear no resembelance to any written language.
    Jot is by far the best Grafitti Replacement IMO. Price is a little steep though.