Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have the norm

Treo 650 Unlocked (recieved Feb 23, ordered Feb 16)
    Firmware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    Hardware: A

Its all treloo's fault
  2. m99
    Got mine last week, GSM unlocked:
    Firmware: 1.15
    SW: 1.06-ROW
    <b>T650-Cingular</b>
    Here's mine

Firmware: 1.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNG

But to burst the reliability bubble of a few of you, a replacement of my 650 will arrive on Wednesday. It ran great at first -- 4 full bars at work and at home, lightning fast connection on the old Media Works Unlimited plan -- then suddenly wouldn't get good signal strength, went through the infamous voice mail number corruption, and would struggle to get an Internet connection. After replacing the Gemplus SIM with an Axalto, the signal strength was fine, the telephone function were fine, but the Net still wouldn't connect. Finally diagnosed as an intermittent "I'll work when I feel like it" GPRS radio.

So I wonder if it's the firmware. Of course, it could still be the software...
    Angel

SprintPCS Sony Zuma/Psion Revo (still miss Revo) >> SprintPCS Kyocera 6035 (1 replacement) >> SprintPCS Treo 300 >> SprintPCS Treo 600 (2 replacements) >> Cingular Treo 650 #1 arrived 2/11/05 ; replaced 3/7, 3/12, and 3/14
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    I think you should try a hard-reset, rename your backup on your PC and re-install soft one by one...
    I have no reset anymore since I did it !
    So, I take it you found the culprit that was causing the resets? If so, what software/app was causing it?

Firmware: 01.14
    Software: Treo650-1.05-ROW
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by m99
    Got mine last week, GSM unlocked:
    Firmware: 1.15
    SW: 1.06-ROW
    VERY interesting...it appears they've upgraded the firmware and SW on the unlocked GSMs...I wonder when they'll release those to those of us who hae the previous versions. And, I wonder what has been fixed. Anyone?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Just Received new replacement unit (unlocked GSM):

Darker grey metallic colored case compared to the last on I had (or so it seems).

Firmware: 01.15
    Software: Treo650-1.06-ROW
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla
    Just Received new replacement unit (unlocked GSM):

Darker grey metallic colored case compared to the last on I had (or so it seems).

Did they give you a refurbished unit or a brand new one?
    Received a new one today. Noticed the Software version is one up.

Issues: ACT 2004 takes over the green phone button!
    Also, out of curiosity, for those of you who called p1 to get a replacement unit, were you put on-hold for 1.5+ hours after selecting to speak with Tech Support? I tried calling Tech Support tonight and hung up after 1h 55mins.

Or, did you ask to speak with a different department at p1?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Also, out of curiosity, for those of you who called p1 to get a replacement unit, were you put on-hold for 1.5+ hours after selecting to speak with Tech Support? I tried calling Tech Support tonight and hung up after 1h 55mins.

Or, did you ask to speak with a different department at p1?
    Koolio,

My problems were diagnosed over the series of a week and a half, and a couple of those calls took about an hour each -- but I never waited that long. Bleah! Then again, this was Cingular, not Palm1. My longest wait time might have been 10 minutes, my shortest was none. But that was "compensated" for by the lack of knowledge of at least two of the CSRs, which is why some of the calls were so long. On the other hand, all CSRs and Techs were unfailingly polite.
    Angel

SprintPCS Sony Zuma/Psion Revo (still miss Revo) >> SprintPCS Kyocera 6035 (1 replacement) >> SprintPCS Treo 300 >> SprintPCS Treo 600 (2 replacements) >> Cingular Treo 650 #1 arrived 2/11/05 ; replaced 3/7, 3/12, and 3/14
    I have the same no firmware and software Treo 650 1.30 SPCS
  12. rlb
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Firmware 01.04
    Software Treo650-1.02-CNB
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Koolio,
    It looks new - but I am not sure how to tell if it really is. Nonetheless, it appears to be working much better than the last one, but I haven't turned autosync on Versamail on yet. We'll see...
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Just got my unbranded GSM; using it on T-Mobile.
    Firmware is blank
    I haven't been able to connect to GPRS
    Interesting. My first 650 (constant reset - poor battery life, yada, yada) had firmware 1.04 - the new one is stable (no resets in 24hr) and has 1.14

Details: Treo 650 GSM using Telstra (Australia) mobilenet.
    Okay, here is what I got:

Everyone seems to have hardware A. Notice that you must power on the phone first before a firmware version can be detected.
    Depending on your version of phone, you should have

Cingular (AT&T): Firmware 1.04, Software 1.02CNB
    Cingular: Firmware 1.04, Software 1.02CNG
    SprintPCS: Firmware 1.??, Software 1.03SPCS
    Unlocked GSM (Old): Firmware 1.14, Software 1.05ROW
    Unlocked GSM (New): Firmware 1.15, Software 1.06ROW

I got my unlocked GSM (Old) at Singapore Airport, and it started crashing (reseting, not responding, etc.) on the plane to Taipei - mind you, without only factory data. I have ran various SIM from local carriers (CHT, TWNGSM, FET, KGT), and most seems to crash it. Don't know if this has anyting to do with things in the SIM STK. I tried a T-Mobile (US) SIM, and it ran fine, but since my T-Mobile account doesn't have global roaming, it indicated "no service." Don't know if this has anything to do with it not crashing. Will try when I go to US next month.

In the meanwhile, I tried to apply Cingular CNG patch, but it wouldn't run (not compatible according to the firmware updater). Anyone has the newer version they can post so we could take a shot at this? I now have a nice looking $700USD charging brick....
    I just got one from a local Rogers dealer on Mar 20...

I haven't had any serious problems with it yet. I used palm before so I am careful what I install on the device.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12