1.    #1  
    I just received my treo 650 today, and it appears I have two problems. When I press the call end button to get my treo screen to come back on, the center button to unlock the keypad won't work and I have to do a reset (duno if hard or soft.. the one where you take off battery cover and put stylus in reset hole) for it to come back. And other times, when coming back from an idle, where the center button does work, it will start to lag tremendously. this lag, at first, looked like a freeze to me, but it would switch to another program I assumed I clicked with my styli during the lag. This requires the same reset noted above. I only have three programs installed and all were from the palmone CD. do I have a defective treo or am I just doing something wrong?
    Last edited by chill2k66; 02/17/2005 at 01:04 AM. Reason: confusing title
    Hi - I have the exact same problem - I always had the 'lag', but yesterday it was dropped (don't ask) and now I also have the centre button stops working problem

I thought it was completely knackered becuase I couldn't unlock it to use it - but to day it seems to be a bit bettter sporadically.

Did you ever get a response to the above?
    Me too! Me too! Could not unlock the phone (it had gone to sleep after a hotsync). This is a Cingular phone.

For the 1st time today. Had to do a reset to get back the phone.

We need to compare the software we have installed on our phones...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Here's my list:

Audiolist
    Backupbuddy VFS
    Butler 2.87
    Card Export II
    Crash 2.16
    Datebk5
    Documents to go
    FileZ
    Keycaps 650
    McPhling
    pTunes
    Radio Control
    Realplayer1.6.1
    TreoAlarm
    VoiceDial

lots more on the SD card:

Backgammon
    Chess
    Checkers
    Colors
    Dataviztech
    dbIcon+
    dbScan
    Dir Assiatant
    Holiday USA
    Memory Info
    Minehunt
    Notepad
    Ms. Pacman
    Pacman
    Pokerdice
    Puzzle
    Shuffle
    Solitaire Free
    Solitaire
    Tetris
    Voicepad
    ZAP!2016
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Here's mine (there's lots of stuff I haven't re-installed yet since I only got my 650 last week in Hong Kong (unlocked):

- Agendus
    - BDcity
    - PeditPro
    - FileZ
    - HappyDays

That's it apart from the default apps.

Looks like we have FileZ in common.

It's very wierd, I was gutted last night because I thought it was completely useless after droppping it but now it seems a lot better - sometimes I can't get in at all other times it works fine (e.g. just now when I looked up my list of apps for this).

Have you seen this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=buttons

It covers a lot of the same issues - the double-press thing seems to work sometimes.

Cheers, Tom