1.    #1  
    I have the touchscreen inhibited during calls (so I don't select options with my ear), but because of this I can't select speaker phone. So I thought it would be great if the side button could be used to toggle the speakerphone on/off.

Does anyone know how/if this can be done?
    --Just got my Treo 650 on Valentines day. Now my Sony UX50 and Nokia 6820 are in the dresser resting comfortably next to my socks Unlocked gsm. Hardware:A Firmware:01.14 Software:Treo650-1.05-ROW Palm OS:Garnet v. 5.4.5 ...in case you were wondering
    Did you actually have problems with your ear selecting options on the screen? I've had a Treo for well over a year, never turned off the screen during calls, and never had a problem.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question, however.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    at least with the treo 270 and 600, pressing the spacebar while in a call turns on/off the speakerphone. Don't have my 650 yet (damn you tmobile) so I cant confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    I have the touchscreen inhibited during calls (so I don't select options with my ear), but because of this I can't select speaker phone. So I thought it would be great if the side button could be used to toggle the speakerphone on/off.

Does anyone know how/if this can be done?
    Uhm, 5-way?
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Space bar does not work on the 650 like it did on the 600. The 5-way moves teh highlighted button from hangup over to speaker then hit the center betton to select.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Uhm, 5-way?
    My professors always said the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked....I think I found the exception to the rule

Thanks rudychow.....feeling a little stooooopid...
    --Just got my Treo 650 on Valentines day. Now my Sony UX50 and Nokia 6820 are in the dresser resting comfortably next to my socks Unlocked gsm. Hardware:A Firmware:01.14 Software:Treo650-1.05-ROW Palm OS:Garnet v. 5.4.5 ...in case you were wondering
    Quote Originally Posted by roonolium
    My professors always said the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked....I think I found the exception to the rule

Thanks rudychow.....feeling a little stooooopid...
    It's ok. Treos have a way of doing the same thing to me as well... :-)