1.    #1  
    I know I am beating a dead horse, but I was not able to find a clear solution to my problem and it's getting really annoying..

So when I perform a hotsync using USB or Bluetooth, if I set BACKUP to "DO NOTHING" then everything works fine. However, if BACKUP is on, the connection gets lost and T650 resets. It mainly occurs for large files (200KB >) such as Agendus, Resco, DateBK etc, but it also occurs for small files such as Butler. It seems like it transfers the file on question completely to desktop but crashes right after.

The log shows Backup synchronization failed HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it?

Also, where is the expected bug fix from P1?
  2.    #2  
    I cleared my backup folder and started new backup from scratch..... and it's resetting every (almost)10 seconds. it seems like totally random.
  3.    #3  
    Is T650 truly a POS?
    i am brand new to the treo (got it yesterday) but i have had palms for years. i am having the same issue. the first hot sync went off without a hitch, for the most part. but ever since then it has reset EVERY time i try to sync
    I have the same trouble.. Just keep syncing and each time it will get a little farther until it actually finishes. Once it finishes, it will sync faster and will not reset until you have made too many changes again then the process starts over. If you just keep syncing it will eventually work but it would be nice to figure out why there seems to be a limit on how much you can update in one sync...
    Ditto... Just on a whim, I deleted all the email off my Treo, and it performed the sync without issue. As always, YMMV.