1.    #1  
    Iím not associated with JR.com, but I just wanted to pass on this offer:

1GB SD Card for $50

The actual price is 79.88 and has a $30 mail in rebate! Thatís the cheapest 1GB price Iíve seen in a while.
    Wow, nice catch.. that would be good news if I had my Treo 650, but its on its way!
    But is the PNY any good? Does it work well and is it fast at all?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Just got mine yesterday and the benchmark is 497 on my 650. It is not the fastest, but not the slowest either. I am happy with it for the $50 that I have in it. Card information says it is a panasonic card.

greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    Just got mine yesterday and the benchmark is 497 on my 650. It is not the fastest, but not the slowest either. I am happy with it for the $50 that I have in it. Card information says it is a panasonic card.

greg
    What was your write speed?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    The PNY 1GB card is a Toshiba card, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $My$ $cardspeed$ $test$ $finishes$ $in$ $6$.$79$ $seconds$. $Not$ $a$ $real$ $fast$ $card$, $but$ $since$ $I$'$m$ $using$ $it$ $to$ $play$ $back$ $MP3s$, $and$ $it$'$s$ $getting$ $a$ $read$ $test$ $speed$ $of$ $over$ $2mb$ $per$ $second$, $it$'$s$ $good$ $for$ $me$.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Here is what I get when I run VFSMark

It is a Toshiba (according to CardInfo - I goofed in my previous post)

VFSMark Results

File Create: 245%
    File Delete: 178%
    File Write: 8%
    File Read: 692%
    File Seek: 907%
    DB Export: 200%
    DB Import: 508%
    Record Access: 822%
    Resource Access: 783%

VFSMark: 482

Speed is fine for me. I use Zlauncher and keep everything that can be on the SD card. It works well. There is a slight delay, but nothing terrrible. For the space added and the price, I am 100% satisfied.

greg
    The write speed is what confused the heck out of me. My Extreme III gives me a VFSMark of 498, which isnt much higher, but my write speed is like 221%!!! That makes a noticeable difference when, for example, i am doing a backup with BackupBuddyVFS or taking pictures and videos directly to the card.

File Create: 386%
    File Delete: 189%
    File Write: 221%
    File Read: 692%
    File Seek: 786%
    DB Export: 216%
    DB Import: 508%
    Record Access: 754%
    Resource Access: 738%
    VFSMark: 498
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    well perhaps something I have loaded is causing a problem. I will try it in my 600 and see what happens with nothing installed.

greg
    I just picked this card up from a local CompUSA. It was on sale for $69 with a $10 mail in rebate.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have tried it in my 600 and my 650. It is about the same. I also tried a sandisk 256 and 512 and got similar results. I also tried a lexar 256 and it was faster. Also tried the freebie 128 card from P1. Long and short is the 1 gig is middle of the road and if you want the fastest, then buy something else. If you are looking for a budget priced 1 gig for MP3's then it will probably fit the bill for $50.

greg
    What about for movie watching??? will the middle of the read speads be a factor??? I am currently using a 512MB kingston and it works pretty well...

Thanks
    They are out of stock!
    price changed, now $59.99 after rebate
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO