1.    #1  
    Hello, I am using a Cingular 650 with Good software for corporate exchange (e-mail, contacts, calender, etc). I can't find an option to incorporate my SIM numbers into my phone / contacts. I can go to the sim card app and see them all, but the phone does not recognize any of those numbers in caller ID or as stored. Any ideas?
    TXCobra...

Let me see if I can get an answer for you.
    Goto preferences while in your contact list. You can check the box to list SIM entries in your phonebook.
    there is also an option to import all the sim contacts into the phone.

if you go to contacts -> record -> import from sim.
    TXCobra....

Don't mean to change the topic of your post, but wondered if you could give me the skinny on Goodlink?

I have a small business with our own 2003 exchange server and am running Outlook and am considering getting it...Any idea of cost?..Are you pleased with the way it works?..Heard Good uses a lot of memory space..How much does it take up in the 650?..etc..

Thx,
    G
    Quote Originally Posted by greynolds
    TXCobra....

Don't mean to change the topic of your post, but wondered if you could give me the skinny on Goodlink?

I have a small business with our own 2003 exchange server and am running Outlook and am considering getting it...Any idea of cost?..Are you pleased with the way it works?..Heard Good uses a lot of memory space..How much does it take up in the 650?..etc..

Thx,
    G
    Works really well, i have it running on 15 Treo's. It costs ~$330 per year (1yr contract) or ~$550 (2yr contract). They don't suggest running it on your Exchange box so you would need to figure in possible "server" costs. ( I have our "Goodlink" server running on a P2 400Mhz workstation and it runs just fine for the 15 users). On the memory side, i have been told it can use up to 8MB on the Treo, but mine is running at 2.5MB right now. Tech support is great and easy to setup. Just my 2 cents...

- Skippy -
    Are you running 3.8? Your handsets don't reset by themselves every 3-4 hrs? How long have you been running on the 650s?
    Never mind, Skippy, I realized after posting that it was you who also experienced my stability issues in the other forum!
    greynolds...

Skippy has given you the pretty accurate lowdown as it relates to cost and the server (though he is running it on a smaller box than we recommend ) I would be more than willing to address any other questions you may have in the GoodLink thread so as not to hijack this one.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys. For whatever reason, neither of these options exist in the "Goodlink" version of contacts.

if you go to contacts -> record -> import from sim.

Goto preferences while in your contact list. You can check the box to list SIM entries in your phonebook.

I think Good is pretty cool, but I really hadn't used my outlook contacts as a phone book in the past, so this is a real issue. I had the G100 with Goodlink before and it was great. Thanks Good Guy for any help you can offer!
  11.    #11  
    ttt
    What service plan did you get from Cingular for your 650 to receive your corp emails? MediaNet?
    I, for one, (running Goodlink on the unlocked GSM 650) am having massive stability issues. The email link also simply stops working frequently. (And no, I don't have anything else installed). Quite frustrating.
    What service plan do you have for your unlocked phone? My corp email also runs through GoodLink
  15.    #15  
    no stability issues yet, but I have only had it for a few days. I am not sure exactly what they are using. Were you able to get the sim book to import to contacts or be your main phonebook?
    I can definitely attribute GoodLink to stability issues. After removing it and going back to the factory condition, the phone is far more stable. During my short tour of GoodLink, I experienced a large number of spontaneous resets. But worse than that, GoodLink just simply wouldn't reconnect to the server after a reset. With no notification, the email just stops flowing. That's not something I want happening to the CEO on my recommendation!
    mY experience with GoodLink has been pretty good. My phone was reseting often, but I removed a game and that seems to have made my 650 GSM much more stable.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Regarding lack of synchronization issues, please see the GoodLink thread for a basic explanation, especially regarding Cingular.
    GoodGuy

I've read the Voice Signal software does not work with Goodlink installed. Is that correct? Any idea why- your application compatibility or theirs? Also, could you please post a link to the Goodlink thread?

THX!
    greynolds...

Do not know the specific reason VoiceSignal is incompatible with the 650 and GoodLink 3.8, but you are right

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html

The "GoodLink thread" is:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ad.php?t=72496