1.    #1  
    I dont know what you guys think, but after making several calls today, I find the volume on the earpiece to be to low. I never had this problem on the 600. Its not that its terrible, but certainly could be louder. I tried a friends 650 and volume was the same, so its not a faulty unit.
    I agree - I am constantly pressing my volume up even knowing that I am already at the loudest level.
    I have noticed with both the earpiece and even more so with the speakerphone
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    ditto
  5.    #5  
    sometimes I wish palm just slapped the better screen and keyboard on the 600 and left everything else alone. I hope the volume can be fixed, afterall its a phone first.
    true, having the same problem. it is really low.
    Yes, the earpiece volume on the unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile definitely seems lower than the Sprint 650 or the unlocked GSM 600. While it's not unusable, it's just low enough that I keep trying to turn it up to "11".
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    There is a fix on Shadowmite.com, but press the MUTE button on the phone when you're using a headset and the volume will raise significantly (The headset will not be muted)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrack
    There is a fix on Shadowmite.com, but press the MUTE button on the phone when you're using a headset and the volume will raise significantly (The headset will not be muted)
    uhhhhh? Isn't that fix on Shadow's site just for Sprint? I cannot find anything on his site to fix sound on a GSM phone
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Check this out, it seemed to work for me.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73826
    Quote Originally Posted by specimen38
    Check this out, it seemed to work for me.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73826
    what worked for you? That you can save the setting? That is not the problem we are talking about.

The problem in this thread is that the volume is too low on calls made with a unlocked GSM even when volume is turned up to its highest level. It is significantly lower than a T600.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
  12.    #12  
    I dare say, in its current state, I will not be able to keep this phone. It is a must that I be able to hear (comfortably) who I'm speaking with, and I dont want to use a headset.

Why can't palm get it right?