Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I am using my Treo to sync with Outlook on my work laptop. Now, I'm noticing that the treo has multiple copies of most appointments. Outlook does not have multiple copies. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, do you know what could be causing it?
    Same problem here. Every hot synch creates a new entry. I don't know how to fix it though.
    Are you using Versa mail? Versa mail does a sync of your calendar as well. That could explain the double entries.
    I sync with Outlook on both my desktop & my notebook. No problems with the old Treo 270 but after upgrading to the Treo 650 this week, I find it has duplicated both calendar and contact information. Big sigh.

I spent ages sorting out the mess today, and can only think it is because I use 2 different profile names (they are slightly different on each computer). As one is on the office server it may be difficult to have these identical, but here's trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwrogers
    I am using my Treo to sync with Outlook on my work laptop. Now, I'm noticing that the treo has multiple copies of most appointments. Outlook does not have multiple copies. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, do you know what could be causing it?

I had this same problem. I use Beyond Contacts with Outlook 2002. Go into sync manager, custom and change, Outlook calendar to do nothing, should eliminate the duplicates. In Outlook 2003 at sync it actually asks you if u want duplicates!

We all need a little dirt (life's events) to grow!
    If you change the sync setting to "Do Nothing" then outlook wouldn't sink at all with TREO, isn't it? I mean, if you add a new appointment to TREO, how will it get into Outlook if the setting is "Do Nothing" ?
    A lot of folks have had luck with a program called UnDupe

You can find it HERE
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer
    A lot of folks have had luck with a program called UnDupe

You can find it HERE

Will this program take the duplicates out of Palm desktop? I now have 4 sets of the same appointments in palm desktop but one set on my Treo because I used 1ofUs - however, it's not taking the dupes out of desktop..

Bek
    Bekktek, on Palm desktop, go to Tools, then to Addins, then to Delete Duplicates. That should take care of it.
    Here is a link for free tools to remove duplicates in Outlook.
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes

When I first bought my Treo650 it would not sync with Outlook. It kept returning errors. Turns out that I had several duplicates that were causing the problem. Once it was scrubbed everything synced fine.
    KFU, the restaurant that gives you the bird!
    Quote Originally Posted by caltreo
    Bekktek, on Palm desktop, go to Tools, then to Addins, then to Delete Duplicates. That should take care of it.

OMG I wish I knew this last night.....*sigh.. sometimes the I over think the simplest things

Bek - Thank you caltreo.. I used that to find the remaining duplicates I have.