1.    #1  
    I know it's possible to HotSync my Treo with multiple computers but can I do it on a Mac and a PC? I'm assuming the answer is, yes.

Since I've been using my Mac as the primary HotSync machine, my plan is to simply install the Palm software on my PC (Win XP) and plug my Treo in and do a HotSync. Are there any gotchas I should be aware of?

The primary reason why I want to HotSync to my PC is so I can install Win-Hand. Thanks, in advance!
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
  2.    #2  
    *bump*
    I've done this before with a Treo 600 and a Mac and a Windows machine. It works fine, the only thing I would be careful of is not to make edits to a contact or note (etc..) in two places before synching, otherwise it may get confused and you end up with a duplicate that you have to go resolve manually. Otherwise no reason it shouldn't work.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Last night I installed the sync software on my Thinkpad and tonight I installed it on my Powerbook. So far no issues, (except that I think it tried to install DocsToGo twice, once with each install but I see no evidence of duplicate anything and the app still works.) Anyway I think it'll be fine as long as you follow the advice from bcaslis.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Exactly! I sync on my Mac before heading for work and then sync it at work a couple of times during the day and one more time just before heading out....

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    I've done this before with a Treo 600 and a Mac and a Windows machine. It works fine, the only thing I would be careful of is not to make edits to a contact or note (etc..) in two places before synching, otherwise it may get confused and you end up with a duplicate that you have to go resolve manually. Otherwise no reason it shouldn't work.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    while the configuring of the 650 and the two versions of palm desktop was not as smooth as i would have liked, i have been syncing on my mac at work and pc at home with relative reliability now for a few days.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, for your help or reassurance, guys.

I installed the HotSync and Palm Desktop software on my PC and was able to sync w/o any problems. Afterwards, I was able to sync on my Powerbook w/o any problems. Oh, and Win-Hand rocks!
    Ya, I'm synching with 3 computers (my PC at work and both my Mac and PC laptops) and so far no issues. It's a great way for me to keep all my address books/calanders in synch. I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers