1.    #1  
    Okay I jumped into HBH-660 territory and have an issue. I did a search but none of the threads described what is going on with me and this headset.

The SE hbh660 paired perfectly with my 650. I can make calls perfectly. I can disconnect fine, I just can't ANSWER any calls. I have to use the buttons on the Treo itself to answer making me have to take my phone out of the purse defeating the whole point of having a BT headset. Once I hit the Treo button to answer it gets routed to the HBH660 fine and I can disconnect fine, I just cant answer initially which is irking the beans out of me. This never happened with my Scala. I know the button on this SonyEriccson can't be bad cause I can make calls, pair and disconnect fine.

I have tried deleting it and re-pairing. I have tried deleting all trusted devices from the Treo and repairing only the HBH-660. Nothing works. I try holding the button down when the phone rings and only succeed in ignoring the call. I just cant answer it! What gives? Anyone have this happen before?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I wish I had a suggestion for you. Mine has worked fine regarding answering from the headset. Maybe it's a software problem with your particular headset . Like you said, the button does work, so i doesn't sound hardware related. Do you know anyone else with a bluetooth phone (Treo or not)? If you can pair it with another phone and it still doesn't work, that will at least eliminate the 650 from the equation and you can exchange for another headset.
    see my post regarding bluetooth issues that I have had with the 300. Repeat the steps and your phone should work.
  4.    #4  
    I read your post... But my 660 always receives the calls, it will always ring. Only thing is nothing happens when i press the button. I will press the answer button on the headset and it will stop ringing, but the Treo will continue ringing and I end up having to dig the phone out of my purse and answer it manually. Once I answer it, the call gets routed to the headset instantaneously.

I will try the Hard reset tonight and see though... thanks, I will post with my results.

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Really weird, I don't know what to suggest. I've used a 660 now with both a Sprint 650 and unlocked GSM 650 and haven't seen anything like this. I'd have to suggest that there is some sort of hardware problem with the HBH-660, can you get it exchanged?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6.    #6  
    UPDATE: Did a hard reset and paired successfully. Called my Treo and answered with the button on the HBH660 perfectly. Then did a restore via BackupBuddyVFS and now the HBH-660 cant answer calls anymore! I even deleted the Bluetooth Device Name Cache file using Filez and I still can't answer with the Sony again. HAS to be something I have installed? But I havent the foggiest idea what it could be? Does anyone have any idea what program it could be?

Usually when I have hard reset my device I do a restore from BackupBuddy. And it's setup to backup every night at 3am replacing the previous night's backup. I will have to do another hard reset and install everything one by one until I find the culprit but I am at work now and my syncing computer is home so I wont get to it for now. Unless I do the file-by-file selective restore through Backup Buddy, but that would take ALL DAY as there are 191 files in my backup. I dont want to sit here and restore each of the almost 200 files one by one and call my phone each time afterward, it's easier to do it via Hotsync so multiple files are installed at once speeding up the process. *ARGH*

I may try it though, can anyone tell me the name of the files that store the address book, SMS messages and call log information? Those are the files I would NEED to install first to have basic functionality at least.

Oh well at least we know its not the hardware! At any rate thanks for the help guys!
    ==
    EDIT: Or MAYBE I can delete all the old Bluetooth files from my phone and re-pair with the Sony and see if that resolves it? I just don't know what files I can safely erase! Help?

ETA: Didnt work. I deleted the Bluetooth Device Cache and the Bluetooth Trusted Devices files and re-paired with the Sony. Still doesnt answer. Gotta resort to the Hard reset and restore files one by one... *sigh*
    Last edited by techprincesse; 02/17/2005 at 07:58 AM.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    The only advice I have for you is to do a hard reset and go into the Bluetooth device manager and make sure everything is deleted. Then try to pair the device again. I thought it was a add-on software issue for me, but it wasn't. Try to keep an accurate mental note of everything you do and when it starts to quit working again. I used the 660 for about a week and didn't run into the issue you ran into. I know it's frustrating and time consuming. Isn't it nice when things just work?!
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    UPDATE: Did a hard reset and paired successfully. Called my Treo and answered with the button on the HBH660 perfectly. Then did a restore via BackupBuddyVFS and now the HBH-660 cant answer calls anymore!
    That tells you there's something in your apps screwing up your BT connection. Since BT works fine prior the restore but fails afterwards, you need to trace the apps one at a time to find the culprit app.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    That tells you there's something in your apps screwing up your BT connection. Since BT works fine prior the restore but fails afterwards, you need to trace the apps one at a time to find the culprit app.

Well not necesarily since I did the same thing with my phone and thought when I did a restore using backupman, that it was an issue with the apps. However, it was an issue with the bluetooth device cache file getting corrupted on a soft reset which occurs when you do a backupman restore.

It could be an app issue, but then again, it could be something else..
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    UPDATE: Did a hard reset and paired successfully. Called my Treo and answered with the button on the HBH660 perfectly. Then did a restore via BackupBuddyVFS and now the HBH-660 cant answer calls anymore! I even deleted the Bluetooth Device Name Cache file using Filez and I still can't answer with the Sony again. HAS to be something I have installed? But I havent the foggiest idea what it could be? Does anyone have any idea what program it could be?

Usually when I have hard reset my device I do a restore from BackupBuddy. And it's setup to backup every night at 3am replacing the previous night's backup. I will have to do another hard reset and install everything one by one until I find the culprit but I am at work now and my syncing computer is home so I wont get to it for now. Unless I do the file-by-file selective restore through Backup Buddy, but that would take ALL DAY as there are 191 files in my backup. I dont want to sit here and restore each of the almost 200 files one by one and call my phone each time afterward, it's easier to do it via Hotsync so multiple files are installed at once speeding up the process. *ARGH*

I may try it though, can anyone tell me the name of the files that store the address book, SMS messages and call log information? Those are the files I would NEED to install first to have basic functionality at least.

Oh well at least we know its not the hardware! At any rate thanks for the help guys!
    ==
    EDIT: Or MAYBE I can delete all the old Bluetooth files from my phone and re-pair with the Sony and see if that resolves it? I just don't know what files I can safely erase! Help?

ETA: Didnt work. I deleted the Bluetooth Device Cache and the Bluetooth Trusted Devices files and re-paired with the Sony. Still doesnt answer. Gotta resort to the Hard reset and restore files one by one... *sigh*

By any chance are you using any voice dialling / recording app?