Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Firing up Zagat 2005 seems to consistently reset the Treo 650. Works fine on my Tungsten T3. Wondered if anyone had any luck before I go sending a bug report out to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by alee
    Firing up Zagat 2005 seems to consistently reset the Treo 650. Works fine on my Tungsten T3. Wondered if anyone had any luck before I go sending a bug report out to them.
    Mine is doing the same thing.. whenever I tap "try demo," the 650 Resets. Any luck with this, anyone?
    I remember seeing a message on their website that ZTG 2005 didn't yet support the Treo 650.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    • To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    • To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    I think that message is gone now
    It worked just fine for about 1 week on mine. It started rebooting the 650 today every time I use it.
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Switching to the Zagat 2004 ZagatData.prc and ZagatToGo.prc and continuing to use the Zagat 2005 database files fixes the crash problem for me.
    Where can you find these files?
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marting98
    Where can you find these files?
    Contact Zagat support and they'll send you the files... explain that you are a Treo 650 user. They are well aware of the issue.
    I spoke to Zagat support. If you remove the SD card before launching the application, all works fine. They are working on this issue.
    Here is the official information from ZAGAT TO GO Customer Service:

I am very sorry to inform you that although our software engineers addressed the compatibility problems that existed previously with ZAGAT TO GO and the PalmOne Treo 650 devices we are in receipt of recent reports of additional and persistent problems. Our software engineers are currently reviewing the problem reports and will continue to research the feasibility of a fix or patch.

In order to help resolve the current problems and help you continue to access ZAGAT TO GO we would like to make the following suggestions:

1. Uninstall ZAGAT TO GO 2005 from the Palm device and uninstall the ZAGAT TO GO Manager and ZAGAT TO GO 2005 installer file from the PC/Desktop.
    2. Perform a soft reset on the Palm OS device.
    3. Reinstall ZAGAT TO GO version 2.0 (2004 edition). Please note that by installing version 2.0 subscribers still have access the most up-to-date content available.

I have provided step-by-step instructions below. You may wish to print a copy of this e-mail for reference.

STEP 1: Uninstall ZAGAT TO GO (2005) from the Palm device and the ZAGAT TO GO Manager and ZAGAT TO GO installer file from the PC/Desktop.

To uninstall ZAGAT TO GO (2005) from your Palm OS Device:

1. Tap the time display from the PDA home screen.
    2. Tap "Delete"
    3. Tap "ZagatToGo"
    4. Tap "Delete"
    5. Tap "Yes" to delete the application.
    6. Repeat steps 1 - 5 for any specific Zagat guides or other Zagat files listed.
    7. Once you have removed the ZAGAT TO GO application and guides, tap "Done"

To uninstall the ZAGAT TO GO Manager:

1. From your desktop computer if the ZAGAT TO GO Manager icon appears in your system tray, right-click on the icon and click "exit" to close the application.
    2. From your desktop computer click "Start", "Settings", "Control Panel"
    3. Click "Add/Remove" programs
    4. Select "Zagat To Go Manager"
    5. Select "Remove"
    6. When prompted confirm the remove action by clicking "OK"
    7. To complete the action click "Finish"

STEP 2: Perform a soft reset according to the Device manufacturer’s instruction. In most cases a soft reset is performed by inserting a small pointed object such as the tip of a paper clip in the device’s reset button. NOTE: you will not lose your data by doing this.

STEP 3: Reinstalling ZAGAT TO GO for Palm OS (Version 2.0) (2004 edition).

1. Click or paste the following link into your Web browser: http://software.zagat.com/2004/ZAGAT...S%20(Full).exe
    2. From the "File Download" pop-up window, click "Save".
    3. From the "Save As" pop-up window, click on "Desktop" and then click on "Save".
    4. Once the download is complete click on "Open". If the "Download Complete" window closes you may locate and open the icon on your desktop named, "Zagat To Go for Palm OS (Full). This will open the "Zagat To Go Install Shield Wizard."
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to select the guides you wish to install and complete the Zagat To Go installation.
    6. Once you have completed the installation of ZAGAT TO GO synchronize your Palm OS device.
    7. Remove the Palm OS device from the cradle.
    8. Turn on your Palm device and tap on the "ZAGAT TO GO" icon.
    9. You may initially have a "Trial" subscription. If you are prompted to “Subscribe” or “Try Demo” tap on "Subscribe". Note the "Device ID" number reflected on your Palm OS screen and reply to this E-mail with the new "Device ID" number so I may verify and confirm your activation code.
    10. If you were prompted for an activation code you may begin using ZAGAT TO GO by tapping on "Try Demo". "Try Demo" will allow you temporary access to ZAGAT TO GO on your Palm OS for up to 14 days.
    11. If you would like to install updated (2005) guides please go to http://software.zagat.com/zagat/Down...orm=2&Action=7.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

ZAGAT TO GO Customer Service
    zagattogosupport@zagat.com