1.    #1  
    Did anyone get a text message with the following message: "OTA OK"?

It came from "+1-992-472-7669".

I got this after 30mins or so after I popped my T-Mobile SIM into my Treo. I'm curious to know what over-the-air installation occurred - if any.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Nop.......
    Negatory. . . .
    Unlocked P1 T650 + 12" Powerbook + Scion xA = Happiness
    I used to receive Over The Air "OTA" firmware updates on my sidekick when i was with tmobile. I also received one when I had a T610.

Not sure what it does with Treo's tho.
    nay!
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
  6.    #6  
    Hmm, this is starting to make me worry that I'm the only person who got this OTA. Maybe I should just forget about it since my Treo's stable....

Thanks for all of your replies thus far.
    That's a definite no here. My phone is working flawlessly so far on tmobile.
    I got the OTA message from T-Mobile as well! I had just called in to T-Mo CS to 1. Change my phone number from an LA to an NYC area code, and 2. Upgraded my data plan from T-Zones to T-Mo Internet Unlimited. I think the OTA message was for one of these activities - I suspect it was for my data plan upgrade.

Another interesting thing - after I popped in my T-Mo SIM, "My Phone" on T-Mo's Web site changed from t610 (My old phone) to Siemens CF62T. I suspect T-Mo hasn't added the capability to their network to identify the t650 since they don't carry it at the moment!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadavi
    I got the OTA message from T-Mobile as well! I had just called in to T-Mo CS to 1. Change my phone number from an LA to an NYC area code, and 2. Upgraded my data plan from T-Zones to T-Mo Internet Unlimited. I think the OTA message was for one of these activities - I suspect it was for my data plan upgrade.

Another interesting thing - after I popped in my T-Mo SIM, "My Phone" on T-Mo's Web site changed from t610 (My old phone) to Siemens CF62T. I suspect T-Mo hasn't added the capability to their network to identify the t650 since they don't carry it at the moment!
    Ah, the OTA message must be due to the T-mo Internet Unlimited plan b/c I had it added to my account right after I put my SIM into the Treo (I was on the BlackBerry plan prior to my Treo). Thanks, man...now I'm not worried about what the OTA was for.

Btw, when I called T-Mo CS, they knew I had a "Treo" but didn't know the exact model number. And, this was before I changed it in my account on their website. Plus, I confirmed with the CSR that they were able to lookup my phone over the network and she confirmed that they could - albeit, it takes their system a few days.
    Usually any time you add or remove features from your plan you get at least one or two of those messages. It's normal.
    i too received the over the air configuration from t-mo shortly after inserting my sim card. my concern, however, is that would this in any way affect my treo in a negative manner, considering that my device isn't the unbranded p1 650, but rather an unlocked cingular 650?

i ask this only because i know that with companies like verizon, and t-mo, whole configuration settings can be accomplished ota, including the ability to adjust roaming capabilities, wap settings, sms, email, etc.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    on howardforums.com, there is a thread that many in the NYC area got an OTA update, regardless of the phone they were using.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi
    on howardforums.com, there is a thread that many in the NYC area got an OTA update, regardless of the phone they were using.
    i got it. I didn't make any changes to my plan. I got it at 12:01AM on the 15th. About 3 hours after I inserted the SIM for the first time.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!