1.    #1  

My Treo keeps Soft Resetting. Even when I'm not doing anything all that special, it'll soft reset. Almost every Hot Sync, it resets.

I tried running Fast CPU, and that crashed it completely, going into a soft reset loop, until I had hard reset and erase all my data. Of course, I sync up my stuff about 5 times a day, but still!

To back it up, sync up all my vindigo, avantgo, life balance stuff again... this thing is supposed to save me time and stress, but it's taken away a third of my time and doubled the stress.

A) Is there a way out of the soft reset loop without deleting all info?
    B) Backup Man says there's not enough room to back everything up, despite the fact I have 16.7 mb left on the palm memory and 48mb left on my palm card
    C) Is there a patch or hack or whatever you guys call it to fix any of this?
    D) Does this crap happen to everyone too?

The is slowly turning to and

Thanks for your words.
    End of Line.
    You can escape a reset loop by "warm" reseting the 650 as described on PalmOne's website. I would suggest testing the phone after a reset to see what is causing it to reset.
    It's not a big deal if you Hard Reset your phone, and then Re-Sync from Palm Desktop is it? . All your stuff in your backup folder will come back. You need to check that folder for problem files before you do it though. That FastCPU program is a troublemaker, I would stop messing with your CPU or you are bound to have crashing issues. Get a solid system up before you go messing with that.
  4.    #4  
    Good idea, Zorro (my nickname at summer camp -- old days). I'll check out warm reseting. ANd how does one "test" it after a reset? Must admit I don't know.

Thanks.
    End of Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbzvariety
    Good idea, Zorro (my nickname at summer camp -- old days). I'll check out warm reseting. ANd how does one "test" it after a reset? Must admit I don't know.

Thanks.
    Just use it clean for a day or two. Sync just your PIM data, no apps. If you cant get a stable 650 even then, you've narrowed your problem to a corrupt PIM database or a bad phone.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbzvariety

Thanks.
    After your next crash, go to the phone app and dial ##377# (or #*377# on GSM, I think). This will report the last program crash. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it will survive a warm reset.

The advice above, to use it without any added apps for a while, is good. If it keeps crashing, take it back. If not, then one or more of your apps is causing the problem. Most resets are caused by incompatible or corrupted apps and databases, not by any problem with the Treo itself. Make sure you've got the most recent version of each app, and install it fresh (not by restoring from your hotsync backup.

MOST IMPORTANT: Install only one app at a time, then use it for a while to see if it causes crashes. If not, then go to the next app. If so, delete it, and go to the next app. You'll figure it out pretty soon.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7.    #7  
    Y'all are the best. I'll try these. Any known applications, such as Fast CPU, that are known to crash systems, specifically the Treo 650 CDMA?

Thanks again.
    End of Line.
    Listen, FastCPU is just asking for problems. Don't get me wrong, I like overclocking processors as much as the next guy (I use PXAClocker), but you definitely lose any right to complain when your system acts funny. Stay away from apps like this until you can establish a stable environment, do a good backup, and THEN play around with your processor speed.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I couldn't tell from the posts but if you have a CDMA phone, uncheck the "Enable Local Network Time" option in the data&time preferences section of the Prefeerences application and see if things get better for you.

Jeff
  10.    #10  
    I read about the Enable Local Net Time, Jeff, on this and another site, posted by you. I'm on it; thanks for spreading the word on that.

I'll stay away from Fast CPU. Anyone try PowerRun? Just got an e-mail about that, but not any posts about the 650 and how that works. AvantGo, Life Balance, MMPlayer, etc., "Gotta use on your native memory," blah, blah, blah. Power Run seems to solve all that, but hasn't been updated in a year and a half. Thoughts?
    End of Line.