1.    #1  
    A long time back, I used a Treo 180 and Linux. I used a Zaurus for a while, but now I have a Treo 650 and a Mac.

All I want is a way to synchronize a directory full of text files with the Memo Pad Palm app. That's the way the Linux MemoPad conduits work, but I'd rather use my Mac.

The closest I could find was this: http://www.tlai.com/soft_dev/memo.html , but it's a Classic app, and I don't have Classic installed because it doesn't work with UFS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Larsen
    A long time back, I used a Treo 180 and Linux. I used a Zaurus for a while, but now I have a Treo 650 and a Mac.

All I want is a way to synchronize a directory full of text files with the Memo Pad Palm app. That's the way the Linux MemoPad conduits work, but I'd rather use my Mac.

The closest I could find was this: http://www.tlai.com/soft_dev/memo.html , but it's a Classic app, and I don't have Classic installed because it doesn't work with UFS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Bryan
    not sure if this is what your looking for, but I haven't used it in a long time.
    MakeDocDD
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    This isn't precisely what you were asking about, but it may be helpful:

MacNoteTaker

It's actually a MemoPad replacement of sorts that supports memo sizes up to 32K and provides hierarchical organization instead of the normal maximum of 16 categories. There's a beta conduit for OS X that syncs it with a directory structure of text files. It doesn't look like it's been updated in a while, and I haven't tested the conduit (I briefly tested the app to see if it works on the 650, and it seemed to), but I figured I'd mention it. There are a few more notes and tips for it here.

When Mark/Space announced they were creating a MemoPad replacement, I was hoping it would do what you described: storing in a folder structure of text files, providing search-as-you-type a la iTunes, etc. Such a structure would automatically work with Spotlight in Tiger as well. Sadly, the MemoPad in Missing Sync turned out to be a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by llahsram; 02/18/2005 at 12:37 AM.
  4.    #4  
    It appears that pilot-link (which is what is used on Linux) has also been ported to Mac.
    Just dug up this old thread because I just discovered MacNoteTaker! I think it's great other than its lack of support for 5way nav, forcing me to pull out my stylus since my finger is too stubby to hit some areas.

I can't seem to import my memos though. I have 400+ memos and wondering if anyone is able to import memos on their Treo 650 at all?

Would appreciate any answers!

Quote Originally Posted by llahsram View Post
    This isn't precisely what you were asking about, but it may be helpful:

MacNoteTaker

It's actually a MemoPad replacement of sorts that supports memo sizes up to 32K and provides hierarchical organization instead of the normal maximum of 16 categories. There's a beta conduit for OS X that syncs it with a directory structure of text files. It doesn't look like it's been updated in a while, and I haven't tested the conduit (I briefly tested the app to see if it works on the 650, and it seemed to), but I figured I'd mention it. There are a few more notes and tips for it here.

When Mark/Space announced they were creating a MemoPad replacement, I was hoping it would do what you described: storing in a folder structure of text files, providing search-as-you-type a la iTunes, etc. Such a structure would automatically work with Spotlight in Tiger as well. Sadly, the MemoPad in Missing Sync turned out to be a huge disappointment.