1.    #1  
    any one know when will be avaialble at bestbuy????
    i signed in for 2 years contract there with cingular i got the v551 but till now they dont have the treo 650 , no body know there when

7 days left fot my 30 days...
    to get the treo 650 now the only option for me is to port my numbers back to sprint then port them back to cingular with store must have treo 650.
    so i can keep my old numbers...
    Best buy is usally at least 1-2months behind the release by carriers. I would not expect to see any Cingular Treo's in Best Buy within the next 7 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by hberbout123
    any one know when will be avaialble at bestbuy????
    i signed in for 2 years contract there with cingular i got the v551 but till now they dont have the treo 650 , no body know there when

7 days left fot my 30 days...
    to get the treo 650 now the only option for me is to port my numbers back to sprint then port them back to cingular with store must have treo 650.
    so i can keep my old numbers...

I was at Best Buy this morning, what I was told was that they made a decision to NOT carry the 650 due to the price point... This Store had Verizon / Sprint / Cingular and did not have any PDA style phones (except MPX220)

Just saying what I was told...
    When you got your v551 did you also get the $19.99 MEdia Works with unlimited web? In this case I would hold on to the v551 and MEdia Works. If you cancel now you'll never get that plan again.

Going back to sprint is an option if GSM doesn't offer you any advantages.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    When you got your v551 did you also get the $19.99 MEdia Works with unlimited web? In this case I would hold on to the v551 and MEdia Works. If you cancel now you'll never get that plan again.

Going back to sprint is an option if GSM doesn't offer you any advantages.
    what do u mean is it gone? no more 19.99 media work
    You can get a $19.99 plan, but it is limited to 3MB per month of web access. Have you not followed all the threads here?
    Same here. Spoke to Best Buy in New York andd they decided to stop carrying the Treo.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    You can get a $19.99 plan, but it is limited to 3MB per month of web access. Have you not followed all the threads here?
    oh thanks alot!!!
    i didnt check the forum fo awhile.. i was buisy with my motorolla mpx300

so actualy these guys raising the price not the bars
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger33
    Same here. Spoke to Best Buy in New York andd they decided to stop carrying the Treo.
    shoild i order unlocked?? or buy it from cingular store?
    Yes
    shoild i order unlocked?? or buy it from cingular store?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd
    Yes
    YES for unlocked p1 or cingular store?
    LOL. MisterED is having fun. You're better off with the unlocked if you plan to use it with other carriers, or travel internationally. Otherwise, get the deal that Cingular offers for their branded locked phone.
    Like TonyH said.
    YES for unlocked p1 or cingular store?
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I've got to disagree with the Best Buy clerk who says the Treo is too expensive, the just started carring the Razr which has a retail of $499 so the Treo is not out of line.

I expect they will have them in stores in another month or so, Palm is still rushing to get supplies out the door and no retailer will launch until there is a steady supply ready to hit the shelves. No point in advertising for sales if you have no stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
    I've got to disagree with the Best Buy clerk who says the Treo is too expensive, the just started carring the Razr which has a retail of $499 so the Treo is not out of line.

I expect they will have them in stores in another month or so, Palm is still rushing to get supplies out the door and no retailer will launch until there is a steady supply ready to hit the shelves. No point in advertising for sales if you have no stock.
    I might have been mistaken about saying it cost to much, but I think the decision is not to carry a PDA phone, too many buy and rerturn, also much more fragle than a V3...

That I think is the decideing factor...
    2 different worlds. Although they are both expensive the Razr (although I have no idea why it's seen as such a "cool" phone) will far far outsell the Treo. The Treo is a niche market phone. The Razr is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberger
  17.    #17  
    [QUOTE=MisterEd]2 different worlds. Although they are both expensive the Razr (although I have no idea why it's seen as such a "cool" phone) will far far outsell the Treo. The Treo is a niche market phone. The Razr is not.[/QUOTE
    I agree not to mention the limited software on RAZR its the same as
    V551 (70$) PHONE
    you know whats funny about that 19.99 Media Works unlimited. When I traded in my second treo 650 today and got a 551 I asked for that plan and the lady said she wasnt suppsosed to do it but she could and did put that on my plan.
    Good for you, but be sure to call cs and confirm that it is the unlimited plan. My undertanding is that it is taken out of the system and cannot be added. There's still a MEdia Works for $19.99 that has 3 or 8 MB limit.