1.    #1  
    I just got Pocket Tunes Deluxe and was trying to figure out how to do Shoutcast streaming. I have PTDeluxe on my card and when I load it and then try to go to Blazer to go to Shoutcast it keeps saying "There is not enough memory on your device. You can free up memory by deleting files or moving them to an expansion card." But, I have 7.2 m free on my Treo and there's nothing more I can move (I think). What am I doing wrong please??!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hi treo600guy, Pocket Tunes Deluxe must be run from RAM in order to stream Shoutcast.

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  3.    #3  
    So I have to have it permanently stored in RAM to do the choosing then? Can I choose from withing Pocket Tunes or do I have to go to Blazer and then to the Shoutcast site and all? It looks like I will have to waste a lot of space if I have to keep it permanently in RAM
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    You can store bookmarks to Shoutcast streams locally. It's pretty cool.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    You can store bookmarks to Shoutcast streams locally. It's pretty cool.
    OK. Explain please? No clue what you mean or how that works.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600guy
    So I have to have it permanently stored in RAM to do the choosing then? Can I choose from withing Pocket Tunes or do I have to go to Blazer and then to the Shoutcast site and all? It looks like I will have to waste a lot of space if I have to keep it permanently in RAM
    You're just storing the PTunes program in RAM, not the streams themselves. You cannot stream music if you're running Ptunes from the card. You can get to streams via direct entry in Ptunes, from Blazer, or bookmarked streams in Ptunes.
    When you tap "open" one of the options is "shoutcast" There you can save existing streams for easy retuning. It's like the buttons in a car stereo that bring you directly to a station.
    Hi treo600guy, see my step-by-step here. Hope that helps!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi treo600guy, see my step-by-step here. Hope that helps!

Excellent! Thanks!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I keep getting intermittant buffering during a song, even with a 24 bit stream. Do I have something configured wrong or is the Sprint network here in Houston just too slow?

Also, I'm guessing no call will come in while streaming. Has that been everyones experience?
    Last edited by mg48; 02/18/2005 at 09:56 AM.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I keep getting intermittant buffering during a song, even with a 24 bit stream. Do I have something configured wrong or is the Sprint network here in Houston just too slow?

Also, I'm guessing no call will come in while streaming. Has that been everyones experience?
    How strong is your signal? If you have low signal, 1xRTT data rates fall dramatically.

You will not receive calls if you're streaming shoutcast, they will go straight to your VM.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have a great signal. This sucks. I can only stream talk radio with constant buffering. I have tried it for the last few days at different times during the day.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed rapid battery drain when streaming via shoutcast?
    Well, the battery drain is expected, the treo will consume a lot more power while streaming because it is not only processing an mp3 file, but it's keeping the cell radio in continual use.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous