1.    #1  
    This may be know by some, but I have not seen any info here yet (that I remember at least )

You can use Bluetooth, Snappermail, VersaMail or what ever mail app you have on your Treo650 to send pictures and or videos, here is how...

The videos that the Treo650 take are in a .3g2 format. What is heck is the 3g2 formate you ask...it's the same as .3gpp or .3gpp2. And what is that.... well it's a Worldwide Standard for delivery and playback of multimedia over a 3G network (read CDMA Sprint/Verizon). ALso, Quicktime is on board with this too.

I have noticed at first that with the OE/Native pic-video app that it looks like you only have the choice to send with the Piture Mail application and that is not free and you then loose your rights to the pictures when they are published on the site that hosts the pictures.

I was "mickey mousing around" with the Picture/Video app and found that if I lauch the app and have the cursor focus on all the pitures/videos (try hitting the space bar to do this) that if I then use the menu key there is a choice for "send" and IT"S NOT THE PICTURE MAIL either... (like when you use the send ICON)

You can use Bluetooth, VersaMail or what ever mail app you have on your Treo650. The best part is then I can move all around the thumnails and select which ones to send at one time, not one by one..too cool. ALso if you just have one selected or open, hitting the menu key will let you see the "send" option and you can do the same with just that one picture or video.

This works for both pictures and videos. The Vedios are in the .3g2 formate which you can PLAY FOR FREE WITH QUICKTIME..

Hope this is helpful, Matt Burkhard
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 03/02/2005 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    This may be know by some, but I have not seen any info here yet (that I remember at least )

You can use Bluetooth, VersaMail or what ever mail app you have on your Treo650 to send pictures and or videos, here is how...

The videos that the Treo650 take are in a .3g2 format. What is heck is the 3g2 formate you ask...it's the same as .3gpp or .3gpp2. And what is that.... well it's a Worldwide Standard for delivery and playback of multimedia over a 3G network (read CDMA Sprint/Verizon). ALso, Quicktime is on board with this too.

I have noticed at first that with the OE/Native pic-video app that it looks like you only have the choice to send with the Piture Mail application and that is not free and you then loose your rights to the pictures when they are published on the site that hosts the pictures.

I was "mickey mousing around" with the Picture/Video app and found that if I lauch the app and have the cursor focus on all the pitures/videos (try hitting the space bar to do this) that if I then use the menu key there is a choice for "send" and IT"S NOT THE PICTURE MAIL either... (like when you use the send ICON)

You can use Bluetooth, VersaMail or what ever mail app you have on your Treo650. The best part is then I can move all around the thumnails and select which ones to send at one time, not one by one..too cool. ALso if you just have one selected or open, hitting the menu key will let you see the "send" option and you can do the same with just that one picture or video.

This works for both pictures and videos. The Vedios are in the .3g2 formate which you can PLAY FOR FREE WITH QUICKTIME..

Hope this is helpful, Matt Burkhard

You know, Burkhardi. Sometimes I so just wanna snatch that device right outta your hand like "give me that thing" for I know you will push that envelope of "tinkering" and unravelling unknown tips. Since I still have the 600, my envy turns to frustration knowing the treo gurus will molest, defile, enhance, and post-beta-upgrade-the phone from the underground!!!!!! Lol.
    I just need to purchase my 650 asap, that's all. This is a good find. Again Thanks!