Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iSyncT608
    also, if i try to use their app to mount the SD card it will not mount on my desktop. anyone else having that issue too?
    Are you trying to mount the SD card over a bluetooth connection? That won't work. It mentions on their website that you can only mount a SD card on the mac over a USB connection currently. That issue may be updated soon though.

I actually have been getting pretty good support from these guys prior to the release of 4.0.3. I think this last release was pretty buggy so they are probably a little bogged down. Before 4.0.3 I would hear back from them in a day or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rubes
    My issues have absolutely been with the Bluetooth sync..I'll try with the cable...
    I had a couple kinks where I had to restart, but that was with too many conduits checked. I select the conduits I need and use the cable, and no problems now. To mount the SD card, you MUST use the cable I got Docs to Go to work fine with MS also. I emailed them last week about the BT not working with the SD mounting, and I found out the hard way.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I think I have discovered another problem with MS 4.03: If I copy the pics and video from the internal RAM on the Treo 650 to the SD card, I can mount the card on my Powerbook desktop using missing sync and copy the files to my Powerbook, but the files are corrupt - can't open them with anything, both the pics and the video. However, if I use PC card adaptor to mount the card, the files are fine, can import them into iPhoto and play the video with quicktime. So it's clearly the way Missing Sync is mounting the card and transferring the data via the USB that is corrupting the data on the card.

I am going to email the URL for this forem to Mark Space, they have some homework to do.
    Yeah, I emailed a few days ago but haven't heard anything back. Do they update the software often? Also, can anyone confirm whether Bluetooth sync worked consistently under 4.0.2? I'm trying to decide if it's a MS problem or Apple/Bluetooth problem. Probably some of both.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EWLTennis
    Also, can anyone confirm whether Bluetooth sync worked consistently under 4.0.2? I'm trying to decide if it's a MS problem or Apple/Bluetooth problem. Probably some of both.
    I used 4.0.2 for some time with no problems at all. Then the as soon as I updated to 4.0.3 I started having problems with the bluetooth sync. I unistalled 4.0.3 and re-installed 4.0.2 and it worked fine again, so it is a problem with the new version.

I only installed Docs to Go a few nights ago, which caused all kinds of problems for me. Funny, the problems with syncing Docs to Go comes mainly when I have files on the SD card. Interesting. My Adobe reader also seems to have problems with files on the SD card.
    We have recently been made aware of issues with the Treo 650 (only the Treo 650) and Missing Sync 4.0.3. We have been unable to reproduce the issues, so it is going to take some time for us to fix it. If you are having the problem where you can only sync once and then can't sync again, please contact Mark/Space Support and include the following:

1) In Missing Sync hit command-option-shift-d and check the "Turn Logging On" option and "Log Packets" option.
    2) Sync once, and then attempt the second sync. When the second sync fails send us the "missingsynclog.txt" file found in your user's Library/Logs folder.

Also, the simplest way to get things to sync again is not to logout or restart, but switch Missing Sync to Do Nothing and then back to Synchronize.

We do read every bug report and issue and try to address all of them in a timely manner.

--
    Scott Gruby
    Lead Engineer, Missing Sync for Palm OS
    Mark/Space, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgruby
    We have recently been made aware of issues with the Treo 650 (only the Treo 650) and Missing Sync 4.0.3. We have been unable to reproduce the issues, so it is going to take some time for us to fix it. If you are having the problem where you can only sync once and then can't sync again, please contact Mark/Space Support and include the following:

1) In Missing Sync hit command-option-shift-d and check the "Turn Logging On" option and "Log Packets" option.
    2) Sync once, and then attempt the second sync. When the second sync fails send us the "missingsynclog.txt" file found in your user's Library/Logs folder.

Also, the simplest way to get things to sync again is not to logout or restart, but switch Missing Sync to Do Nothing and then back to Synchronize.

We do read every bug report and issue and try to address all of them in a timely manner.

--
    Scott Gruby
    Mark/Space, Inc.
    Hi Scott

You may remember me as a dedicated user of wireless modem and from your wireless modem mail list.

I also experience the once/login bluetooth syncing bug and I have just sent the log file to support@markspace.com.

In addition to that problem, I also discovered corrupt media files on an SD card mounted with MS 4.03 (media files on an SD card mounted with PC card adaptor are fine) and a lack of syncing of media files (from internal memory to the Powerbook even though the Media conduit is turned on in MS. I also find the current support structure at Mark Space very frustrating.

thanks
    tom maler
    Quote Originally Posted by sgruby

--
    Scott Gruby
    Mark/Space, Inc.
    Hi Scott,

The solution you suggested (switching to "Do Nothing" and then back to "Synchronization") does NOT work. I've sent you the error log you requested. I can also send you an error log after switching to do nothing and back if you like.

Also, I just bought this software two days ago. I hear 4.0.2 works fine with Bluetooth Hotsyncing. Can I get a copy of the older software somehow? I'd really like to get this working. Thanks.
    I also received a response from Markspace.com...Thanks guys...Now I've got another issue..Launching Versamail causes an immediate soft reset...

I'm hard resetting this thing and starting over..I'll re-load the MS 4.0.3 and get that log over to you guys....

Thanks for the quick response..
    Quote Originally Posted by EWLTennis
    Hi Scott,

The solution you suggested (switching to "Do Nothing" and then back to "Synchronization") does NOT work.
    Based on the 2 logs I have reviewed, doing this should work. It may take a little time before it switches to "Do Nothing". If you use the Menu Bar status, the icon has to turn to the do nothing icon before you can switch back to Synchronization.

We are working on fixing this as soon as we can.

--
    Scott Gruby
    Mark/Space, Inc.
    Scott,

It's Sunday night on a holiday weekend...Take your time, we all can manage!! Thanks!

I can't sleep so I'm gonna switch on the NBA...
    Hey Scott,

Switching to "DO NOTHING" is working just fine for me now...

Thanks..
    Scott
    I let it sit in the Do Nothing button, but it jumped back to Synchronize by itself. This jumping back was higly reproducible.
    tom
    Quote Originally Posted by tomm
    Scott
    I let it sit in the Do Nothing button, but it jumped back to Synchronize by itself. This jumping back was higly reproducible.
    tom
    Yep, mine does the same thing. Switches back (automatically) to synchronize after 8 seconds or so. Does it every time. No matter when I switch it back (either manually or automatically after 8 seconds), it doesn't help the Bluetooth sync issue.

Really appreciate all your help, Scott!
    I too am having the same "sync once, then nothing" problem. I'll be sending in my log file. But I tried the Do Nothing fix last night, and it worked. I was able to sync three times in a row. But this morning I'm having the same problem others have; I click on Do Nothing, and a few seconds later it switches itself back to Synchronization. The menu bar icon never changes. Looks like I'm back to rebooting.
    Work is the province of cattle
    --Dorothy Parker
    I am having the exact same issue - no sync with bluetooth, Treo 650 and MS 4.03. Sometimes, I can can get the thing to sync once, but the treo usually looses connection with the computer half-way through syncing the datebook app. If I finish (or quit) one sync, I cannot initiate a second one without logging out and logging back in.

I've backed down to 4.02. Bluetooth sync on that version works very well.
    Scott - I am experiencing the same issue with Syncing a Treo 600 and Entourage. The Treo will sync correctly the first time after a hard reset, but then hangs during subsequent syncs. I have sent a log on to you guys.
    We posted Missing Sync 4.0.4b4 last night which hopefully fixes the sync once issue. It can be downloaded (along with the release notes) from:

<http://www.markspace.com/testing/>

Please note that it expires March 20, 2005.

--
    Scott Gruby
    Mark/Space, Inc.
    Stupid question: I'm new to MACs. Since this is NOT an updater, do I just trash the entire (old) Missing Sync folder and then install the new version? I don't want to mess up anything in the install process.
    I'm downloading the b4 now. Thanks Scott.
    I have 1 question about the other bugs I reported and no-one form MS has gotten in touch with me since I reported them last week:
    what about the lack of syncing the Media files even with the Media conduit enabled, (I have no corresponding folders other are reporting on my powerbook)
    what about the corrupt media files on the SD card when I mount the the SD card using Treo based Missing Sync.
    thanks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast