Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hi All,
    I just received the Bluelogger with the Delorme Hand Held Software. Unfortunatly, unlike the desktop software, this software really stinks. A search takes minutes, routing takes minutes, and map exportation takes hours (on a P4 3.2GHz with 1Gig of RAM!). I think the Bluelogger is fine, but what software would you recommend? Which has the best routing, POI, and user interface?

Thanks,
    Bigbot
    Search for threads on TomTom and Mapopolis. Those are the two to really consider.

That said, TomTom's software only release coming next month is fantastic (sub second destination lookup and routing). Check our the threads for more info.
  3. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I did some searching on this very topic and the favorite seems to be TomTom. You can try Mapopolis for free. The application itself is free and maps can be used on a trial basis for free.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Search for threads on TomTom and Mapopolis. Those are the two to really consider.

That said, TomTom's software only release coming next month is fantastic (sub second destination lookup and routing). Check our the threads for more info.
    Is that the software only release or TomTom 5.0? I've heard 5.0 isn't due out until spring.

-Bigbot