Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Brian Gorzney is also the person that e-mailed me back my code. Did it in less then 24hrs.
    Just got a reply from Brian after mentioning in my email that other folks have gotten their codes. And that I know this from reading forums on the Net.

His response:

"May I ask what those forums are?

Re-visit the validation site on 02/24/05 and you will be assigned a Gift
    Certificate.

Thanks

Brian Gorzney
    PCS Marketing
    Sprint Business Solutions, Emerging Mid-Markets"

P.S. I think I'll keep him hanging until after 02/24/05 to tell him what the forums are. -lol
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Don't do it! Don't tell him
    Point him to the goatse site
    I'm not gonna tell him about TC. If he was sharp, he'ld know already!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    That's just inexcusable for a SprintPCS Marketing guy responsible for a smart phone promotion to not already know about TC....
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Point him to the goatse site
    Maybe tubgirl instead?

Yes, don't bring attention to this. It's probably a loss leader they have made available to sales people only. To push people over the fence when wafflin'. It meandered onto the interweb where it should remain unknown to the Sprint folks that don't already know about it
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    FYI the old codes are working again if anyone has them. I tried and still have 6.57 left on mine
    I am trying to use the certificate that i received from Sprint on 2/16 and the sprint's handango site is telling me that it is expired, what should I do.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream
    FYI the old codes are working again if anyone has them. I tried and still have 6.57 left on mine
    Mine isn't.

K
    Neither are mine - all say expired.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Sprint has gone back (not surprising after my post yesterday) and finally put in the time limit 1/16/05.

As expected. Early users have been completely forgotten.

From the Site:
    Welcome to the Mobile Software Program fulfillment site and thank you for your recent purchase of a Sprint PCS Smart Device BlackBerry(R) 7750 or Sprint PCS Vision Smart Device. Contained in this site are hundreds of downloadable software products that will maximize the business and personal productivity and entertainment value of your device. To retrieve your $100 online gift certificate, please complete the information below to produce your gift certificate number. Please note that it may take up to 14 days to validate and upload newly activated Sprint PCS phone numbers in our system.

In order to qualify for this promotion you must:
    Be an active Sprint customer
    Have activated with one of the eligible devices on or after 01/16/05
    Have switched or upgraded to one of the eligible devices on or after 01/16/05

The devices that are eligible under this promotion include: Treo 600, Treo 650, Samsung i500, Samsung i600, BlackBerry 7750, Pocket PC 6600, Pocket PC 6601 and the Toshiba 2032.
    This is total BS for us early December adopters of the Treo 650! I am glad one poster copied down the relevant Terms and Conditions webpage in an earlier post as it clearly did not exclude us. Perhaps this Sprint rep that has been pointed to Treocentral can assist us. Otherwise, I say Class Action lawsuit.

tc
    Update

Maybe early adopters won't be forgotten:

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:54 AM
    To: 'Eric Montgomery'
    Subject: RE: Fwd: RE: Your $100 Sprint Software Gift Certificate Information

My error - you can re-visit the redemption site on 2/25/05 and your certificate will have been reactivated.
    Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:54 AM
    To: 'Eric Montgomery'
    Subject: RE: Fwd: RE: Your $100 Sprint Software Gift Certificate Information

Sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced. Please re-visit the validation site on 03/01/05 and your issue will be resolved.

Thank You

Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:23 AM
    To: sprintpromo@handango.com; Software Promotion
    Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: Your $100 Sprint Software Gift Certificate Information

I'd like to take the chance to say thank you to sprintpromo@handango for the courtesy of at least responding to my email. SprintPCS has once again done its best and started a promotion, allowed people to take part then rip away what was given. It appears that being among the first to adopt latest offerings and still, for some strange reason, staying on with a carrier (this would be SprintPCS if you didn't get the idea yet) that cannot even provide simple responses to emails or adequate technical support entitles us to be completely forgotten when the company decides to quietly thank it's customers.

Thank you for once again forcing me to re-evaluate SprintPCS as a company and consider moving my service to another carrier that can, at the very least, provide feedback.
    I've emailed them back and asked SPECIFICALLY if those who purchased between November and January are being left out.
    I communicated directly with Brian and he confirmed that Nov and Dec customers are specifically excluded. No reason given, and I wouldn't expect one.
    KitMoni
    That's just ridiculous! What a reward for folks willing to shell out $599 as soon as the product was launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMooch
    Sprint has gone back (not surprising after my post yesterday) and finally put in the time limit 1/16/05...
    hmm...my SPCS 650 was activated on 1/14 yet on 2/16 I was able to apply the $100 software offer to purchases of Agendus, BackupBuddy, TealPaint and a Spanish-English dictionary. Handango confirmed both my gift certificate # and subsequent order via email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    I was told that my phone number was not eligible by the site, so I sent an e-mail to the address on that page... and in one day I got an e-mail back with a code to use But I haven't been able to get around just selecting from the few apps on the Sprint Handango site.
    Where did you find an email address on the site? My request was also answeed with "not an valid phone #" but there was no address/phone number to follow up with. Any suggestions beyond emailing this brian guy directly? He's probably wondering how he has been signled out for as a contact. All responses appreciated, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    I communicated directly with Brian and he confirmed that Nov and Dec customers are specifically excluded. No reason given, and I wouldn't expect one.
    At the risk of losing what they gave me...It appears as if I was a squeaky wheel...so they greased me...

Here's what I got back
    I talked to the marketing manager who owns this program and he let me
    know that an exception was made just for you, but customers who
    purchased and activated before 01/16/05 still do not qualify. Thanks

Here's what I sent:
    Does this mean that the early adopters (those of us that purchased and
    activated between November and January) are not being left out of this
    promotion?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast