Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Just heard that one guy hit Handago for over $5,000 in software....rumor has it some other people did over $30,000.

As Neo says, "whoa".
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Well, there's always the few that ruin a good deal. Tho they really should have had a check in there if you already requested a coupon.
    Or required you to enter a 650 serial number for verification at least.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Or required you to enter a 650 serial number for verification at least.
    No kidding. I went through more hoops trying to get my 128MB SD Card from P1. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Just heard that one guy hit Handago for over $5,000 in software....rumor has it some other people did over $30,000.

As Neo says, "whoa".
    $5,000? One person?? Man, here I am feeling like a criminal for d/l a couple of apps (that I've deleted out of serious fear and guilt...wouldn't have used them anyhow). Wonder how Sprint/Handango/The authorities will handle this? I assume they could either demand payment or possibly prosecute?

Wonder if engadget/cnet will pick this up?
    Surely you don't believe the Urban Legends of thousands of $$ worth of software.

Come on guys, while I do believe that many were taking advantage of this promo glitch, I hardly believe that anybody scammed $5000-$30,000 worth of SOFTWARE!

K
    Quote Originally Posted by ckonkel
    How did that $800 spree go??? did it work??
    I havent bought anything yet. I havent had time. But i did save all the emails with the codes. I hope I dont lose them!

I think i will order handmark express for sure..

Anyone else wanna help me spend $800 LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    Promo cannot be dead...they are most likely fixing for the exploit that the abusers were using... the offer CLEARLY states good until 04/09/2005 ... so no worries.
    Where did you get the terms of the offer? I'd like to get a copy.
    Here is the link to the terms document as posted by another Treocentral user.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=6585
    Where was I yesterday when the site was up and all of this was going on.....
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    the site to get your coupon & redeem it is down. I guess it's over. Anyone receive their code from Snappermail yet? They said they'd send it within 2 days but I have a feeling they have been notified about the fishy behavior & will not honor ANY snappermail codes through the Sprint site. Oh well...
    I got my snappermail code...I ordered last night at 10pm central and got it this morning at 6 am central.

-Ray-
    If they say the offer ends 04/09/05 then they should still offer it until that date, otherwise that would be false advertising. I might try giving them a call and seeing if they will give me the code over the phone. My guess is that they took it down to fix the abuse people were doing. I can't believe that they were stupid enough to set this up the way they did. And I can fully and complety believe someone(s) ripping $30k off the site. It really was a **** poor way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    the site to get your coupon & redeem it is down. I guess it's over. Anyone receive their code from Snappermail yet? They said they'd send it within 2 days but I have a feeling they have been notified about the fishy behavior & will not honor ANY snappermail codes through the Sprint site. Oh well...
    Same here, got snappermail but didn't get the code yet. Also got ZLauncher - no code from them either.
    man this sucks. Snappermail is the one piece of software I really needed! Oh well I guess you reapwhat you sew. I'm a loser :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec

As Neo says, "whoa".
    Where'd you hear that? Wonder what other boards have ongoing discussions about this promo... Would like to read some of them..
    That's messed up. People who honestly deserve the promo may well be left out of this deal.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I have two lines on my Sprint account. I went in and got a second gift certificate with the second phone number, but when I went to check out, my only credit was $2.61 left over from the first certificate. It's like it didn't recognize the second certificate number at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Anyone receive their code from Snappermail yet? They said they'd send it within 2 days but I have a feeling they have been notified about the fishy behavior & will not honor ANY snappermail codes through the Sprint site. Oh well...
    I received my code from snappermail

placed the sprint/handago order 2/16 9:24am
    received the code at 2/16 11:06pm
    Damnit they caught on already! I placed my order last night at like 1am & received nothing yet! I even emailed them. Damnit!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast