1.    #1  
    Just called the Treo Central Store and was told that they do not make a camerless 650. When I said your site had a discussion of someone who already had one, she then said we do not have any yet.

I felt the service rep was rude and very and rushed.

At the automotive companies, cameraless is a must. I hope TC management sees this email.
    FastFrank
    I just ordered a camera-less 650 from Sprint.

You can't order the treo without a camera online, you need to call customer service. It was actually easy to order and only took about 15 minutes.

Actually, buying the Sprint phone and then cancelling the agreement isn't ay more expensive than ordering an unlocked Treo. Mine was 450 or so with a 150 dollar early termination fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by cz6y48
    I just ordered a camera-less 650 from Sprint.

You can't order the treo without a camera online, you need to call customer service. It was actually easy to order and only took about 15 minutes.

Actually, buying the Sprint phone and then cancelling the agreement isn't ay more expensive than ordering an unlocked Treo. Mine was 450 or so with a 150 dollar early termination fee.
    Did they say how long it would take to deliver? I thought the cameraless versions wouldn't be available until April...?
    They shipped me a camera version overnight by mistake. When I called back to tell them they had the nerve to ask me if I'd like to switch to Sprint long distance.

I laughed at her and then she misdirected me through three levels of support forcing me to call back to get someone more competent.

Second attempt at customer service roulette got me to someone who assured me that they had camera-less 650s in stock and that I could expect the correct phone by Friday. Itís Saturday now and Iím getting shuttled around customer service. Iím on my fourth or fifth call now.

Iím getting loopy though and am trying to throw off the voice command prompt system with German and Spanish accents
    Today Sprint sent me to my local Sprint factory store to exchange my Camera Treo for a Cameraless model. They maintained that they could not ship me the correct Treo until they had the incorrect one back.

Reasonable; it's a pricey bit of hardware and even without service it would be a decent organizer. Of course the nearest Sprint store is about a half an hour away, but I was itching to get my Treo, so I went.

The first Sprint store drone instisted that they would need the packing slip for my first Treo to help me. I brought everything with me, even the plastic bags for the cables but not the packing slip!

Said drone went to the back of the store for quite some time and returned with the head technician for the location. He was great, but the store should have about a dozen more like him.

Tony the head tech (his real name) told me that Sprint CS had misinformed me. His location had no cameraless Treos and could not even order them since Sprint considers the nocam Treo a business channel device and not for the average consumer.

Tony offered the store phone to call Sprint CS again to sort out my next step. He dialed a direct line to CS (I should have written that number down) and we both talked to a few reps.

The way left it:

Tony offered to either ship the phone back or to exchange it himself if he could get someone from their warehouse to ship him a nocam Treo. So given the choice of trusting Sprint CS (again) or Tony the tech with secret numbers, I went with Tony.

Over a week after ordering my Treo I am once again phoneless, but hopeful.
    My Treo is now on it's way back to Sprint via UPS. The Sprint store was unable to get a cameraless Treo to exchange the camera version Sprint sent in error.

According to Tony at the Sprint store, Sprint has about 75 of them in stock. Hopefully I'll have one by the end of the week.
    My cameraless Treo has finally arrived. Only two weeks and a day after I ordered it.