1.    #1  
    A full page ad in IBD today from Verizon has the Treo 600 for $199 with 2 year contract and rebates. One might think they're trying to move them for a new phone. However, a sales rep told me last week they were informed during a recent sales meeting that Verizon WAS NOT going to carry the 650. I haven't seen any new rumours lately so I thought ask.
    I e-mailed someone from Verizon and though they could not tell me a specific date of new equipment releases, they forwarded me to a posting on a site that said early May.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElderBob
    However, a sales rep told me last week they were informed during a recent sales meeting that Verizon WAS NOT going to carry the 650. I haven't seen any new rumours lately so I thought ask.
    I heard the same thing from a sales rep here in Atlanta, namely, that Verizon has definitely decided NOT to carry the 650. I was hesitant to believe him, but after reading your post... it's starting to sound true

So it's moving to Sprint or Cingular for me...

Mark
  4. djc
    March or May is what I understand to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by djc
    March or May is what I understand to be the case.
    I'd really like to believe that -- honestly! But now we're hearing from 2 different sales reps saying that Verizon has definitely decided NOT to carry it.

So... can you share what kind of source is giving you a sense that it's actually coming in the spring?

Mark
    I was told today that it will be availble this summer
    Can an intelligence create another intelligence more intelligent than itself? Are we more intelligent than the evolutionary process that created us? In turn, will the intelligence that we are creating come to exceed that of its creator?

[ Treo 650 on Sprint ]
    Ask enough people and you will get the answer you want to hear.
    will an unlocked 650 work on the Verizon network? or do they not use sim cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue
    Nope the unlocked one will not work on Verizon, it's apples (GSM unlocked / SIM cards) and oranges (CDMA Verizon / No SIM cards). You may want to take a spin over to the Sprint/Verizon forum, the have instructions on how to convert a Sprint Treo 650 into a Verizon Treo 650 using a Treo 650 serial Cable.

Timmay
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayblue
    To my knowledge they do not use SIM cards and Verizon is not on a GSM network.

I wonder if Verizon is going to jack up their data plan prices. I know it's not for everyone, but I'm glad I switched to Sprint because I'm saving a bundle with their cheap data plan.
    I have used Verizon for many years, most recently with my Kyocera 7135. Before switching to Cingular, I e-mailed Verizon customer service and asked when the 650 would be available, and indicated that I would be switching carriers if they could not give me some sort of confirmation. I received a response that essentially said that they can't tell me what phones they will carry until the phones go through and pass rigorous quality controls. Thereafter, I went to three Verizon wireless stores, and every time I asked I received the same response - we don't know when or if we will get the 650. So, I reluctantly switched to Cingular and have found it to be mostly comparable in quality and availability of coverage in the NYC metro area.
    Verizon has an EVDO network now, and that much faster data network is an ideal match for a pda/phone. The 650 doesn't do EVDO, so it shouldn't be surprising that VZ won't be selling it.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I was told from reliable source that Verizon will not carry the 650. They are working with PalmOne on a updated version that works with their new EV-DO (evolution data optimized) network. I bet it is the same as the 650 with a few updates to data access only. This means it will be awhile before it is out.

Maybe called Treo 700?