1.    #1  
    Ok, will try another question, so far I have posted several, but no one has replied.
    I purchased a couple of books from ereader.com Installed and then tried to open, it said reg code was name on cc and then cc#, everytime I tried to put it in I got an error code asking for a vaild code # and not the cc#.
    I emailed support 6 times, and called the phone number on my cc bill....surprise, the phone is no longer in service. Has anyone else had this problem? I will contact the cc company and have the charge removed.
    If someone could maybe please respond to this post I would appreciate. I know I'm new here, but I'm 3 for 3 and no responses.

Thanks
    If noone responds then it would be my guess noone has experienced this problem. I read ebooks all the time. I buy mine from Palm Digital Media - - never have had any issues or problems. I would suggest you get your cc company to credit your acct. and switch to PDM.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much for the reply. I have already spoken to the cc company and am getting a credit. I will try Palm Digital Media.
  4.    #4  
    Oops....I went to Palm Digital Media and got the Ereader.com site...this is the one I had trouble with. Looks like I will have to look elsewhere.
    I've read many secure format books with e-reader and never had a problem.

The FIRST time you open the book you must enter your name (as it appears on the credit card) and the credit-card-number you used to pay for the purchase.

After you get this right it will never ask again.

Obviously they don't really know what name is on your credit card, but go by the name you told them when you made the purchase. So, if your name on the card is Joeseph Smith but you enter Joe Smith to the prompt (the transaction would still authorize just fine) you'd better use Joe when you enter your name in e-reader.

You enter the credit card number without dashes.

It's all done automatically on the spot (which is why you can download immediately) so if there is any human error involved it's likely to be yours. If you misspelled your name as Jeoseph I'm guessing the transaction would still work but then you'd have to make the same mistake to unlock the book.

It's a pretty interesting security mechanism really, because you're not likely to give pirate copies of the book to your friends since you'd also have to tell them your credit card number before they could read it!

Sorry if this doesn't help much,
    ChickenHawk
    Yes, you have to provide the exact same name as you provided them. Not sure if it's case sensitive but make sure that you duplicate it exactly.

And yes, ereader support is very poor. Took me over a month to get a response to a question not covered on their site.
    You mean eReader *IS* Palm Digital Media? Sheesh ... sorry. *blush* Oh well, hope you figure it out because it works fine for me. I especially like having my "bookshelf" online and I can go back there and redownload books if I need to. Nice setup. Hang in there and get it resolved. Hoping for good reading for you!
    When folks say enter your name "exactly" as you did for purchasing purposes, they're not kidding. I forgot that I was lazy, and used all lower-case, when I ordered a book. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't accept my name as it appeared on the CC, with the standard capitalization. My bad. Duh!
    I'm just curious if you all have to enter the credit card info for each new book you order. The instructions seem to indicate you do. But I've ordered and read probably a couple dozen books from palmdigitalmedia over the past year and I only had to enter this info one time, for the first book I ordered.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    I'm just curious if you all have to enter the credit card info for each new book you order. The instructions seem to indicate you do. But I've ordered and read probably a couple dozen books from palmdigitalmedia over the past year and I only had to enter this info one time, for the first book I ordered.
    Nope, you only have to enter it once.
  11.    #11  
    Ok, got it figured out...I entered what was on the cc...but I have an extremly long hypenated name...and the hypen isn't on the card nor the billing, and most places when I type in my name there isn't enough space and the last 3 letters gets left off, and so this is what happend...so in truth...it's not "exactly" what is on your card. But am happy now and reading my books from my palm.

Thanks!!