1.    #1  
    As a previous Treo 600 user I could easily make it through the day without recharging. Since receiving the 650 I am normally close to 15% by early evening. I have taken all the usual precautions like turning beam receive off, not auto syncing email or any other software. My usage habits are the same as the 600, but with substantially less battery life. Iím not in a weak signal area, so I donít think it has anything to do with searching for a better signal. Anyone else experiencing these same traits for the Treo 650?
    Try turning bluetooth off if you are not using it. I have noticied that if I use my BT headset it with shorten the battery life considerably. You should get like 3 days life at a minimum.
  3.    #3  
    I do keep bluetooth off when not in use, and it's used very rarely. How much cell phone usage do you average per day? I probably average about 40 minutes per day, but not enough, in my opinion, to run down the battery like I'm currently getting. Again, the same usage patterns on the Treo 600 were a non-issue.
    My battery life has been excellent. It may be a bad battery. I leave mine on charge all night and use it probably 5 hours a day on the web, phone calls, playing games, etc...
    FastFrank
    My battery life is much better with the 650 than it was with the 600. After using the 600 for a year, I could barely get through a full day with heavy use on a single charge (It would drop below 20% routinely). With the 650 I now get through a heavy use day and still have more than 50% battery left. On a typical day, 50-60 e-mails received and sent, 30 to 45 minutes talking, occasional calendar and contact use, I get home and still have 80% battery left or more. I've been nothing but pleased so far with the battery on the 650, and I even have the screen brightness set brighter than the default settings (with the 600 I had it set as low as it would go). I have Bluetooth enabled as well. Your battery must be a dud.
    Get KBLights (www.lilapps.com) to turn off the keyboard backlight when you don't need it - makes a big difference in battery usage. I suggest you try that before you decide the battery is defective.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    I think the battery has something to do with it. I bought a spare just to have, and I notice that with the spare I can go all day (bluetooth, ChatterEmail, calls, browsing, Versamail, etc.) and by 8pm I am down to 35%. With the battery that came with my Treo I am down to 15% by 5pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    Get KBLights (www.lilapps.com) to turn off the keyboard backlight when you don't need it - makes a big difference in battery usage. I suggest you try that before you decide the battery is defective.
    i'm using my 650 more and more on a day to day basis now, where it predominantly functions as my mp3 player and newspaper on the commute to work for about 2 hours or so every morning. by the time i'm off the train, it's usually sitting at anywhere from 75-45% remaining charge depending on the volume levels i used for ptunes, at which point i just top it off again once i get into the office.

but i've been meaning to try out kblightsoff for quite some time now. guess i'll give it a gander and see how stable and useful it really is for my current setup. i'll post later with some results.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I have been getting great battery life on my 650 GSM. You might want to contact who you bought it from and see if a new battery can be sent as your's might be defective. Also, www.treotiger.com has been advertising an extended battery (but have been pushing back the expected delivery date for over a month now... and it's pricey!).

For an example, this past Saturday I was on the phone for a total of almost 4 hours; did some Blazer browsing, no bluetooth, and some verichat and it was at the end of the 4 hours of being on the phone that did the battery in. However, this was over a period of 2pm-1AM. So no complaints here.
    I find the Treo 650 battery isn't up to a full day of use...but better than the 600, and you can replace battery
    It really is hard to compare different users, since electrical draw will vary dramatically depending on circumstances. How much to you talk, how much do you surf or check email? How weak is the signal in places you use the phone (the weaker the signal, the more power the phone will use). What brightness level is the screen set to. And yes, are the keyboard lights on all the time?

Yesterday I used the treo a lot for email and web browsing. I'd guess several hours of connected time, but made only a few calls. It was fully charged at 6:30 a.m. By midnight, it was down to about 40%. I'm quite happy with that battery life.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I haven't had a bit of trouble with KBLights, but I have it set to manual. Let us know if you set it to turn off automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    i'm using my 650 more and more on a day to day basis now, where it predominantly functions as my mp3 player and newspaper on the commute to work for about 2 hours or so every morning. by the time i'm off the train, it's usually sitting at anywhere from 75-45% remaining charge depending on the volume levels i used for ptunes, at which point i just top it off again once i get into the office.

but i've been meaning to try out kblightsoff for quite some time now. guess i'll give it a gander and see how stable and useful it really is for my current setup. i'll post later with some results.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.