Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The GPRS connects to t-zones but cannot access data. When i try to use Blazer it just says sending. When I try to use verichat it says "connecting". I turn the wireless on and off and it works for awhile and happened again.

I noticed this happened once on my cingular 650 with cingular sim.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    The GPRS connects to t-zones but cannot access data. When i try to use Blazer it just says sending. When I try to use verichat it says "connecting". I turn the wireless on and off and it works for awhile and happened again.

I noticed this happened once on my cingular 650 with cingular sim.
    i had this same problem just yesterday, and thought maybe that t-mo was blocking my access to html sites, as i was still able to fully retrieve and send out email via gmail pop over versamail. but after about 3-4 hours, though, i was able to browse again, no problems. apparently there was an outtage in my market

unless you've recently added any conflicting third-party apps that in any way requires internet access, i'd give it some time. and if it doesn't resolve itself in the next twelve hours, then post back and we'll try to take it from there.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  3.    #3  
    I have not installed anything new. Versamail works but Blazer and Verichat cannot connect either can Express to do updates. Sometimes if i turn the wireless on and off it will work for awhile. Do you think this is a tmo prob or treo prob? I live in the bay area
    difficult to tell really. when you connect to t-zones, are you successfully able to "shake-hands" with a network and make a connection? if so, i'd say it's a t-mo problem if you haven't made any recent system alterations.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  5.    #5  
    Yes it always says connection established but sometimes the only thing that works is Versamail.
  6.    #6  
    It was working so I went into preferences and diconnected t-zones and reconnected and now only versamail works again. I then diconnected and reconnected now it works fine. I hope this resolves as its going to be very annoying when my t-zone connections are only good half the time.

I am afraid to call tmobile as they will say you need the $19.95 internet plan to work with treo but I may have to get this plan and try it to see if the issue is resolved.
    What kind of data service are you paying for wtih T-Mobile? Is this the old supposed free wap? Are you paying for T-Zones?

I only used a 600 on T-Mobile and I was using the paid $10/mo T-Mobile Internet and T-Mobile VPN.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    It was working so I went into preferences and diconnected t-zones and reconnected and now only versamail works again. I then diconnected and reconnected now it works fine. I hope this resolves as its going to be very annoying when my t-zone connections are only good half the time.

I am afraid to call tmobile as they will say you need the $19.95 internet plan to work with treo but I may have to get this plan and try it to see if the issue is resolved.
    yes, you're right to not want to call into tech support, as they'll only be concerned with putting you on the $19.99 data as the resolution to your problems.

besides, it most definitely sounds like a network issue. wait it out for another couple of hours and try it again later, and then post back with your results.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    What kind of data service are you paying for wtih T-Mobile? Is this the old supposed free wap? Are you paying for T-Zones?

I only used a 600 on T-Mobile and I was using the paid $10/mo T-Mobile Internet and T-Mobile VPN.
    you should be fine with just the $4.99 unlimited t-zones, though i don't know if this includes access to your email via versamail/snapper/chatter, etc., so i need someone else to confirm this. otherwise, yes, the $9.99 t-zones pro should be more than sufficient.
  10.    #10  
    I have t-zones. It worked fine yesterday and the day before. It alwayse connects to tzones fine it's just that sometimes Verichat, Blazer, and Express cannot connect only versamail. Other times they all work.
    The $19.99 price is only for those without voice service. You should never pay more than $9.99 for their T-Mobile Internet plan as an addon to your voice plan.
  12.    #12  
    OK I figured out whats happening. Sometimes when I connect to t-zones it does not allow me to have access to all ports and sometimes it does. I verified this just now. I connected to t-zones again but only Versamail works so I went into Blazor which would not connect and If you setup blazer to use the following proxy you can access http: with the $4.99 plan. 216.155.165.50 port 8080. Bingo issue resolved but still can't connect to verichat at times. I may have to get an Internet plan added to my account as t-zones is not always connecting and allowing all ports.
    The $19.99 price is only for those without voice service. You should never pay more than $9.99 for their T-Mobile Internet plan as an addon to your voice plan.
    Huh? TMobile lets you have a data plan w/o a voice plan? If so they are the only carrier that does this. I tried with Sprint and Cingular, but they won't give me just the data plan, even on a second line.

But what is going on with T-Mobile? I get a headache reading other forums where people say this port worked tonight, and that port is closed, and this setting changed,,,,etc
    well t-zones is supposed to only let you access for one port...POP/SMTP. ports 80 and such for HTTP and others for messaging are supposed to be blocked. if you want full access, you are supposed to have the $20 data plan. they changed this back in december i think...check howardforums for more details there was quite an outrage. if you have been able to get http with t-zones since december, you have been relatively lucky.
    No, this is wrong. The $19.99 plan is for full data access. If you don't have a voice plan, it's $29.99. At least officially, if you want full web, email, etc.. address for a pda or for tethering it's the 19.99 plan (which I have). If you don't have a voice plan, it's available for $10 more.

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  16.    #16  
    That is correct I just checked. I realy hate to pay 19.95 more but If t-zones is not going to always give me all the ports I need I may have to.
    The problem is that people are using the cheapo $4.99 plan that is supposed to be only for WAP phones for PDA and full internet access. While I think some companies are ridiculous (see Cingular) in the data plans and rates they want to charge, I think T-Mobile is being very reasonable offering a low end $4.99 plan for "plain" phone and a $19.99 plan for PDA/laptops. For those using the $4.99 plan and getting problems, sorry but you get what you pay for. T-Mobile never promised this plan to have full access. The fact that it used to have this and people were taking advantage of it, doesn't give people the right to b***h when T-Mobile closes the holes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Huh? TMobile lets you have a data plan w/o a voice plan? If so they are the only carrier that does this. I tried with Sprint and Cingular, but they won't give me just the data plan, even on a second line.

But what is going on with T-Mobile? I get a headache reading other forums where people say this port worked tonight, and that port is closed, and this setting changed,,,,etc
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  18.    #18  
    I guess this all makes since. I wish it was consistent though. Now I wonder if I can add the Internet plan on top of my Blackberry plan. I am getting EDGE speed in San Fran with t-zones I hope the internet plan has the same speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH

yes, you just pay an increased cost for your monthly data access, plus a charge of about .35/min for voice usage. it's what i had on my color sidekick when i had that plus my nextel for voice. eventually when my contract ran up with nextel, i added the voice plan to my sidekick, which i still regret to this day. not because the nextel service was any good, either, but that the rf and battery life on the sidekick was pure pants.

Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    The $19.99 plan is for full data access. If you don't have a voice plan, it's $29.99. At least officially, if you want full web, email, etc.. address for a pda or for tethering it's the 19.99 plan (which I have). If you don't have a voice plan, it's available for $10 more.
    that's right on the money. that's the same deal i had going prior to me getting a dealer line.
  20.    #20  
    Well with t-zones you can just diconnect and reconnect until you get all the ports you need.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast