1.    #1  
    Everything was fine until I ran AOL. My 650 went into constant reset. Any ideas on how to fix it (soft reset, hard reset, etc) ??
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    Try soft, then warm, then hard.

Click here for instructions
  3.    #3  
    I looked there before I started the thread. I can't find the "Reset" hole - it looks like it doesn't have one. By the way, all of the instructions are for the 600. not the 650. Help !!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm VII > Visor > Visor Prism > Visor Phone > Treo 180 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Palm Centro (running T-Mobile) > Almost Broke, but had enough $$ left over to get HD DVR w/DirecTV.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Remove battery cover; back facing you: left-middle/small hole between stylus and battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoman270
    I looked there before I started the thread. I can't find the "Reset" hole - it looks like it doesn't have one. By the way, all of the instructions are for the 600. not the 650. Help !!
    yo, did you get a manual with that 600 dollar gadget you bought? If so its on page 168.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    reset hole is (stupidly) behind the battery cover. Do the warm reset and delete AOL. Then soft rest and you should be fine
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by treoman270
    Huh? Ok, the reset hole is in the battery compartment. Remove the batter cover, and you will see it on the left (as you hold the Treo with its back towards you). It is the little hole closest to the battery, next to the little screw hole.

Second, these instructions are for all palm devices. You will see the different screens you can get depending on which specific device you get. The concept is the same with all of them.

1. You stick the stylus in the reset hole to do a soft reset.

2. Stick the stylus in the hole WHILE pressing the up arrow in your D-Pad does a warm (system) reset.

3. And lastly, sticking the stylus in the hole WHILE pressing the power button does a hard reset (wipes everything out).