1. e40
    My phone was just sitting there. Came on and gave me the keyguard message. It was not in the formfit case at the time.

Also, when the phone came on, it stayed on for a minute or so. Didn't go off quickly like it usually does when you press a key and don't unlock the thing.
    Yes. My GSM 650 has been doing that since I got it. Not sure why. For me, it was a harbinger for a whole set of issues. See "problems with the 650" on this site for what may be down the road for you. I would recommend that you begin the exchange process.
    I noticed it on my 600 and now my 650, it's probably some 3rd party apps...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    It happens when you get email...notifications(alerts)...or when ur phone comes in and out of service from what I have noticed.

Evan
    This happens when the phone goes in and out of roaming mode. It is a common and highly annoying problem.