1.    #1  
    How do I veiw the files on my SD card? And how do I move files stored on my SD card back over to my computer?
    Question #1 - FileZ. www.nosleep.net

Question #2 - A card reader is the easiest/fastest/most convenient way to do that.
  3.    #3  
    You mean to tell me that I have to install software to read what's on the CD card or buy a card reader?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFLux
    You mean to tell me that I have to install software to read what's on the CD card or buy a card reader?
    Well, uhhh, mmmmm, yeah.

You can see installed programs on the card by choosing the SD card option in the main applications window. It will be whatever the name of the card is. This will only show you applications. If you want to see files and the file structure, you need a file manager... FileZ works great and its free. Most users have no need to see individual files manually. Files can be seen through the application they were created in (like DocsToGo, Media, etc.).

Same thing applies to moving files to/from the card. The hotsync process provides you a limited way of syncing files to/from the card, but it should also be done through the conduits (like RealPlayer, Media, etc.) If you want to copy 500MB of MP3s to your card, the easiest/fastest way is a card reader. Syncing through Hotsync will take for EVER. But, again, if your needs are not as extreme, maybe the hotsync option will work.
    fyi....you can also "send" a file via bt, ir or your installed email client email using FileZ; just "check" the file in the listing and click on the "send" button and follow the dialogue. Similarly, you can use your bt software on the PC to send a file to the Treo (which will need to be "accepted"). This works great for a small number of files however with a large number of files on a card, a card reader is going to be much faster.
  6. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackFLux
    Righto. Why Palm doesn't include a file manager is beyond me. FileZ is free though and is quite good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    fyi....you can also "send" a file via bt, ir or your installed email client email using FileZ; just "check" the file in the listing and click on the "send" button and follow the dialogue. Similarly, you can use your bt software on the PC to send a file to the Treo (which will need to be "accepted"). This works great for a small number of files however with a large number of files on a card, a card reader is going to be much faster.
    That's odd... when I go into Filez and expand the "External" branch, I see all the files I have on my SD Card. But when I check one and hit Send, I get

"This operation can't be performed on a card (Internal)"

I have an MP3 on the SD card that I'd like to send to my laptop via BT (I don't have a card reader here at the office).

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!