Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Another RSS tidbit: I received an email from Palmgear (I'm sure many of you did as well) promoting their "new" rss feeds (QN comes with a PalmGear feed but it contains no description body). They have two, one for New software, and one for Updated software. Each feed includes image link and a short description and a couple of other bits.
    QN wouldn't read the feeds until I reset all feeds and then did "Update All".

Also, the screenshot image link is not displayed in QN, but works on any desktop RSS reader (I use both RSSOwl and Abilon)
    Last edited by NSiNSiNSi; 04/13/2005 at 08:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    After taking a break for a while I decided to give Quick News another whirl. I completely deleted the old version from my Treo and installed ver 1.1 from scratch. I like it. Its not perfect but it has come a long way.

The card support helps a lot; the amount of memory the feeds tied up was a big draw back. I have a 1 gig sd card, so now I can store all the feeds I want.

So far the only resets I get is when I delete two feeds in a row.

Updates are quicker and far more reliable.

I would still like to see the application close after an auto update, but thatís a minor issue.

Bottom Line: I registered my copy. Iíll keep it.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmillea
    So far the only resets I get is when I delete two feeds in a row.
    I have the same problem. I'm sure they'll address it in the next update.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Same reset problem after deleting two feeds...
    I'm actually running great now with 1.1n. No resets at all - of course I have my static list of feeds and don't do any deleting so I haven't experienced what you are.

You say you're running out of room in RAM for the feeds - are you doing podcast downloads or just RSS text feeds? If so, i'm curious how many feeds you have - I find it hard to fill up .5 MB with a week or two of feeds, and i've got 15 feeds on QuickNews (not all of them are high-volume though)
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    I have been having issues with VeriChat and QuickNews since 1.05 and Ben and pdaapps are not sure what is going on. Ben has been very helpful in trying to track down the problem, but no luck yet. My problem is that I run out of sockets somehow after updating QN a few times (and VC tries to reconnect after each update). No real information on this that I know of, but you are the only other person I have heard having this issue.

Keith
    Are you still having this issue, because I am having it. Verichat keeps trying to reconnect, and Chatter says I'm using too many sockets. I hope I didn't waste 14.95!
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Yes...I am still having this problem. it seems to be a problem between VeriChat and QN that I can't track down further. Right now I shut down VeriChat before updating QN, but this is a pain. I have talked with Ben and he said he was looking into it some more, but I have not heard back in a while.

Let me know if you figure anything out...

Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    Yes...I am still having this problem. it seems to be a problem between VeriChat and QN that I can't track down further. Right now I shut down VeriChat before updating QN, but this is a pain. I have talked with Ben and he said he was looking into it some more, but I have not heard back in a while.

Let me know if you figure anything out...

Keith
    Yeah, it's real flaky. I'm starting to think I would have been better off with Handmark Express....
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345