1.    #1  
    Anyone else try the Gameboy emulator yet? I'm not too impressed. The demo only lets you load 32K games. I got a few from the net and they were very slow. I did load up Afterburner as they recomended and saw a little performance. The good games can't be loaded in the demo version. Anyone have the full version that can give us a review?

Heyday
    One reason for the slow performance is undoubtedly the weak hardware. A 20MHZ DragonBall isn't going to be enough to push the emulator fast enough. The problem here is that the Palm platform was never engineered to be a gaming machine.

Perhaps when Palm, Handspring, and Sony move to a 206 Mhz StrongArm, the games will fly. But until that day comes, these Gameboy emulators just aren't feasible.

------------------
    www.palmfactory.com

"No matter where you go...there you are!"
    I tried it too and was equally unimpressed. I even cranked AfterBurner to the max. With the Visor's enhanced wait states which make it considerably (I think it ranked as 158% of a PalmIII when I tested it a while ago) more faster--I'd hate to see it on a PalmIII...

------------------
    -Vinny

I'll pack my bags I swear I'll run, wish my friends were 21
    So far, it seems that the only thing this will accomplish will be more press for the Palm Platform (sort of a, "we have a gameboy emulator,..." thing :P). And this will undoubtedly lead to stupid and uninformed sales clerks at best buy and/or compusa telling customers that the Visor will play gameboy games! Then the customer buys a Visor and breaks the springboard slot trying to put their gameboy tetris game in it!

Now, if Nintendo were to develop a Springboard module that was a gameboy cartridge adaptor, and maybe find a way to put a secondary processor in it for added speed, it would probably sell very well! This will unfortunately probably never happen because Nintendo's philosophy appears to be, "buy the gameboy and you can get all these cartridges for it, but you have to have a gameboy in order to use them." In reality, wouldn't it make better business sense to sell a cartridge adaptor so that people still buy all the cartridges, even if they have a different machine, than to let some company make an emulator and let people download all the games for free over the Internet?