1.    #1  
    So I have the Snapper trial set up on the 650 to grab pop3 yahoo mail. I have tried different settings for the number of emails to get, and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to what it downloads. What is the story? If it's set to get last 20 messages, for example, is it supposed to get only the last 20 messages in the account, or the last 20 unread messages in the account? It looked to me to be going way back in the messages in the inbox and downloading some that were very old, and already read, while skipping some others (I think newer, read messages).

So...what's it supposed to do?

Thanks.
    i just downloaded snapper last night and had the same problem, so i set it to download all messages from yahoo and then hit Purge on the device to keep messages for the last 2 weeks.

hope that helps.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    For me, it appears that it fetches anything, read or unread, that's in the Inbox.

It does NOT fetch anything that is in a different folder than Inbox (either moved manually or routed automatically by filters)

It also does not fetch anything it has fetched already, whether or not it's still in the inbox on the server, even if you've purged it from your Treo.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    That is why I hate SnapperMail. It would get whatever it wanted at random.
    I think it might be less a problem with snapper than it is a problem with pop. I could be wrong though.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by msa6
    So I have the Snapper trial set up on the 650 to grab pop3 yahoo mail. I have tried different settings for the number of emails to get, and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to what it downloads. What is the story? If it's set to get last 20 messages, for example, is it supposed to get only the last 20 messages in the account, or the last 20 unread messages in the account? It looked to me to be going way back in the messages in the inbox and downloading some that were very old, and already read, while skipping some others (I think newer, read messages).

So...what's it supposed to do?

Thanks.
    Did you read the manual? It is a PDF file that should be in the zipped folder you downloaded. It does a good job explaining POP vs IMAP and the different settings you can select for downloading and deleting emails.