1.    #1  
    I ordered a Treo 650 from PalmOne. I got the phone that said Cingular (Formerly ATTWireless)

The new phone came in with a White SIM card. I did not use it.. I simply plugged the Old Blue on in from my ATT WIreless Treo 600.. It worked fine..

My question is... should it have? About an hour before my new phone came in I typed in an Unlock Sequence on the Old Treo 600. The command came back and said "SIM unlocked".. Then I tried that SIM in my new 650 and it was fine..

Does this mean I unlocked the SIM or the phone? I am confused....
    what color is your phone? bluish or grey? the unlocked 650 is the grey one, also when you turn on the phone, which startup do you see? cingular/attws/palmone?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    The phone is Cingular branded, with a white SIM, and it is unlocked.

I think you lucked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    I ordered a Treo 650 from PalmOne. I got the phone that said Cingular (Formerly ATTWireless)

The new phone came in with a White SIM card. I did not use it.. I simply plugged the Old Blue on in from my ATT WIreless Treo 600.. It worked fine..

My question is... should it have? About an hour before my new phone came in I typed in an Unlock Sequence on the Old Treo 600. The command came back and said "SIM unlocked".. Then I tried that SIM in my new 650 and it was fine..

Does this mean I unlocked the SIM or the phone? I am confused....
    From the sound of it, you unlocked the SIM. Which isn't a particularly useful feat unless it was locked in the first place. Unlocking a SIM has nothing to do with what carrier you are on. It is simply a way to get access to a SIM that locked itself up after too many invalid password attempts. It's a security feature.

I bought my 650 from ATTWireless. It too came with a white SIM card, and it says Cingular when it boots. It works fine with my old blue ATTWireless SIM card. As you can see, it appears to be the same setup that you have.

These phones are locked to ATT (Cingular Blue). If you want to be sure, try to borrow a SIM card from someone who is on TMobile or Cingular Orange. If you phone is locked, these won't work.
    I was told by my ATT rep that the white card is an extra that can be programmed if the old att card was lost/destroyed. I was instructed to use my old card.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhead
    I was told by my ATT rep that the white card is an extra that can be programmed if the old att card was lost/destroyed. I was instructed to use my old card.
    Wonder if the White card can be cloned.... then I can buy an Edge pcmcia wireless card for my laptop. then I don't need to swap the SIM..