Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    what is a good screen capture program for the 650?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Snap. SD card is required, though.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV
    Snap. SD card is required, though.
    do you use it? how do you capture the screen? what button.key do you use? and what folder is the image stored in.

thanx, sorry for all the questions.
    Felipe
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    havent tried this one yet, but can you use the side key to take the capture?
    Felipe
    Snap works great. You hit the red phone button to take the shot (which also turns off the screen). Pics are stored in Palm/Programs/Snap on the SD card as .bmp files
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    do you use it? how do you capture the screen? what button.key do you use? and what folder is the image stored in.

thanx, sorry for all the questions.
    I use it. You can assign it to any of the four buttons or any part of the 5-way. You go into the app to turn it on, and then you can have it turn off automatically after one shot or keep going until you go back into the app to turn it off again. Shots stored in PALM/Programs/Snap. It's completely free.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    havent tried this one yet, but can you use the side key to take the capture?

I don't think you can use the side key. I use the option-space keys. You can also use the up, down, return, memo, to do, address, calendar by holding down the key.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Once I've taken the screenshot I want with Snap I move it to my PC using Card Export II (another one of my favorite programs)
    I've just used Snap to take the screenshots seen on my treo page (see signature). Works great!
    <br>
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treojunkie
    I've just used Snap to take the screenshots seen on my treo page (see signature). Works great!
    yes it does.

Once I found the pics, I knew it was working.

hey, it is free. It is assigned to my power (red phone) button.
    Felipe
    wiL it capture web pages in blazer?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    wiL it capture web pages in blazer?

yes.
    Felipe
    Can anyone post a live link to Snap? The one listed here and on the freeware site is not working. Thanks in advance.
    yes it does.

Once I found the pics, I knew it was working.

hey, it is free. It is assigned to my power (red phone) button.
    how do you guys have it assigned to the red power button? whenever i press it, the screen turns off and nothing is taken. aren't you supposed to press and hold to take a snap shot? if you even press the red button for a second, the whole screen turns off.
    anyone wanna post the prc file for snap, the link is not working at freeware or palmgear. thanks!
    Here it is
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Thanks, Franko515. U rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by islandsnow
    how do you guys have it assigned to the red power button? whenever i press it, the screen turns off and nothing is taken. aren't you supposed to press and hold to take a snap shot? if you even press the red button for a second, the whole screen turns off.
    Launch the app and you'll see the options. By default it has to be enabled before each time you run it. If you want it to hijack the power button longer, uncheck the Auto Disable
    This looks like a great program. Wonder if there has been a upgrade. Stupid question: From reading the previous posts it looks as if you could disable the power off button for a few seconds.

Hmmm...wonder if there's a way to re-assign the power off button to another app? See this thread...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=power+button
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast