Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Is there any way to turn this off, or dim the keyboard at least?
    A program called KBLightsOff which costs under $10. You can find tons of info on these forums.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    ScheduleCare now also has this feature builtin to its other "calendar" profile manager functionality.

Get ScheduleCare here: ScheduleCare Forum At TreoCentral
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    Is there any way to turn this off, or dim the keyboard at least?
    KB Lights off is here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65939

Note it should be on the phone and not on your SD card.
    Brightcam is being updated for the 650 and will turn off the keyboard baclklight in brighter light conditions as well as control screen brightness based on light conditions detected by the camera. Latest beta working pretty well (beta02) and its (basically) free! Over at mytreo.net
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Brightcam is being updated for the 650 and will turn off the keyboard baclklight in brighter light conditions as well as control screen brightness based on light conditions detected by the camera. Latest beta working pretty well (beta02) and its (basically) free! Over at mytreo.net
    That is also a good alternative. I am helping the developer of this product port this great tool to the 650 since he does not have a 650 yet to develop with. In fact ScheduleCare is an extention to BrightCam and its !BCx! concept and makes a great complement to BrightCam.

Jeff
    KBLights has proven to be very stable on my 650 and not causing any resets - one of the most important things to me these days
    Or the expensive way, buy the unlocked GSM version. When you dim the screen, it also dims the keypad - NICE feature!!!!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I just bought the KBLights app. Thanks everyone for your input.