1.    #1  
    I currently use the stock security app that comes on the treo 600. I hate it. Is there another program that I can use that will only lock certain areas of the treo that I define. I would like to just be able to lock contact information and sms.

With the current app when the phone rings I only have the option to answer or ignore. If I answer I am only able to talk on the phone. If I need to look up information while on a call I can't because the phone is locked and I cannot unlock while on a call.

I just want my sms locked so that just anyone can't pick it up and read the text messages?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by emulator23
    I currently use the stock security app that comes on the treo 600. I hate it. Is there another program that I can use that will only lock certain areas of the treo that I define. I would like to just be able to lock contact information and sms.

With the current app when the phone rings I only have the option to answer or ignore. If I answer I am only able to talk on the phone. If I need to look up information while on a call I can't because the phone is locked and I cannot unlock while on a call.

I just want my sms locked so that just anyone can't pick it up and read the text messages?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes. Look for XForcer soon for the Treo600/650 at www.toysoft.ca/xforcer.html Strong AES 256bit transparent encryption.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I've familiar with how ToySoft, um, "handles" ringers. Since we're talking encrypted data here, which means it's very important, is anyone aware of an alternative by another company?
    I got AppLock back in July when PalmGear was running a free download a day special. I never tried it, but it looks like it should do what you want.

And I'd tend to agree about Toysoft. The mere fact that they are extending themselves into so many areas is a cause for concern. Rather that focusing on one thing and doing it very well, they seem to want to do many things fairly well. I'm not sure I'd trust them with critical/sensitive information.
    Well, in the seven or so months I have owned a Treo and have frequented these boards, you have released a variety of new products that have nothing to do with your base app (LightWav):

mp3ringer
    NFL Schedule
    Buzz Off
    Personal Audio Recorder
    Freedom
    Fake Call
    Voice Commander
    etc

I mean you have 41 apps listed on Palmgear!

Palm software is not much different than "regular" software. Usually, the best applications are the ones that are developed by an outfit that focuses on that product rather than hitting any markets they can in order to increase revenue. Sure Microsoft puts out a browser, server software, now anti-virus and anti-spyware apps, etc. Would I choose any of the above over alternatives? No.

Take a look at Palm software. Those products that have fanatical support (DateBk, CallFilter, etc.) not only focus on core strengths, but ensure that the products they do put out work well before moving on to other things.

I mean, I'm a customer. I've purchased LightWav 5.x because it does what I want. Months ago, I swore off ever purchasing a Toysoft product because of the way you handle yourself on these forums. You're quick to jump in and make suggestions about your products (like in this thread), but don't make the same effort to handle complaints. However, none of the other products that handle mp3 ringers have the ability to handle internal mp3s. So here I am using LightWav.

But others are still having issues with the apps you're putting out and go so far as refusing to use the products you put out, like what TreoRenegade is saying.

If I want a mp3 ringer, I may look at Toysoft, if I want a datebook, audio recorder, voice recognition, or security apps I'll go elsewhere.

Focus on your strengths. Those organizations that try to be all things to all people usually fail at what they're trying to do, and alienate those who used to support them for what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    If you know anything about encryption you know that AES is the best out there and xforcer proves it.
    Honestly, no, I don't know anything about encryption, but the fact that xforcer using the best encryption technology does not make xforcer the best or most stable app. A slider or curveball may be the most feared pitch in baseball, but if you can't throw it worth a crap then you won't make the show, using the best technology (be it security, mp3, or whatever), if one can't code well enough to make a stable/usable app, then the product you put out is worthless.

I'm not accusing xforcer of this, as I've never tried it...just making a point.
    Last edited by PabloTX; 02/16/2005 at 09:10 PM.
    Forgive me if this post is not quite right but this is my first post.

I must agree about stability since I have tried nearly every mp3 ringtone and call filtering app out there and been pretty dissappointed with the quality. From my observations Lightwav is ahead of most in terms of functionality but the latest release was so full of bugs I actually had to purchase another product to use while I'm waiting for a fix.

Don't get me wrong, I have only had good experiences when it comes to response but it concerns me that a product with so many problems can actually reach production. For now I intend to continue supporting Lightwav but I'd have to say it wouldn't take too much for something like ringo pro to sway me elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Well, in the seven or so months I have owned a Treo and have frequented these boards, you have released a variety of new products that have nothing to do with your base app (LightWav):

mp3ringer
    NFL Schedule
    Buzz Off
    Personal Audio Recorder
    Freedom
    Fake Call
    Voice Commander
    etc

I mean you have 41 apps listed on Palmgear!

Palm software is not much different than "regular" software. Usually, the best applications are the ones that are developed by an outfit that focuses on that product rather than hitting any markets they can in order to increase revenue. Sure Microsoft puts out a browser, server software, now anti-virus and anti-spyware apps, etc. Would I choose any of the above over alternatives? No.

Take a look at Palm software. Those products that have fanatical support (DateBk, CallFilter, etc.) not only focus on core strengths, but ensure that the products they do put out work well before moving on to other things.

I mean, I'm a customer. I've purchased LightWav 5.x because it does what I want. Months ago, I swore off ever purchasing a Toysoft product because of the way you handle yourself on these forums. You're quick to jump in and make suggestions about your products (like in this thread), but don't make the same effort to handle complaints. However, none of the other products that handle mp3 ringers have the ability to handle internal mp3s. So here I am using LightWav.

But others are still having issues with the apps you're putting out and go so far as refusing to use the products you put out, like what TreoRenegade is saying.

If I want a mp3 ringer, I may look at Toysoft, if I want a datebook, audio recorder, voice recognition, or security apps I'll go elsewhere.

Focus on your strengths. Those organizations that try to be all things to all people usually fail at what they're trying to do, and alienate those who used to support them for what they were.

Honestly, no, I don't know anything about encryption, but the fact that xforcer using the best encryption technology does not make xforcer the best or most stable app. A slider or curveball may be the most feared pitch in baseball, but if you can't throw it worth a crap then you won't make the show, using the best technology (be it security, mp3, or whatever), if one can't code well enough to make a stable/usable app, then the product you put out is worthless.

I'm not accusing xforcer of this, as I've never tried it...just making a point.