Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have always used and loved BackupMan, but I can't get a backup on my new 650. I have 2M free and it keeps telling me I am out of memory during a backup. I tried the new BackupMan 1.52 Beta, and it was worse that my 1.5 version.

What are you guys using to backup your new 650s?
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Backupbuddy for Windows 2.x and BackupBuddyVFS 3.07. www.bluenomad.com
    I put it in reverse....
    I use Botzam Backup to my SD card.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    BackupBuddy 3 to the desktop and BackupBuddyVFS to a card.
    Can all these programs restore applications that are installed?
    With only 2MB free, I think your best solution is BackupBuddyVFS. From what I hear, it deals with the low memory situation pretty well. I'm using BackupMan, but I have a ton a free space so backup and restores have worked well.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Do a search and you will find plent of threads already on this issue. Due to the NVFS backing up the T650 isnt as friendly as the T600. For the moment Im using Tealbackup and havent had any issues. Im also excluding shim.log which will give you that out of memory error when it tries to back it up. Atleast it wont reset or cause a reboot as most will
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Do a search and you will find plent of threads already on this issue. Due to the NVFS backing up the T650 isnt as friendly as the T600. For the moment Im using Tealbackup and havent had any issues. Im also excluding shim.log which will give you that out of memory error when it tries to back it up. Atleast it wont reset or cause a reboot as most will

I used to use TealBack until the last time I had to do a hard reset. TealBack did not back up my contacts or calender. I lost all of my 450 contacts. My PC data was corrupt also soI could not restore from the PC.
    okay i dont understand something...why would i need such a program when i have the hotsync app to duplicate everything i have on my unit (apps phone logs and such) on my computer?
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    okay i dont understand something...why would i need such a program when i have the hotsync app to duplicate everything i have on my unit (apps phone logs and such) on my computer?
    redundancy?

you might not be close to your pc when the unthinkable happens.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    BackupMan has a beta version available from their support department via e-mail which works well on the T650. I have been using for 3+ months with no problems.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    oooo true felipe...didnt think of that cause i am never in that situation...well almost never

thanks for the clearing that up
    BackupMan has a beta version available from their support department via e-mail which works well on the T650. I have been using for 3+ months with no problems.

I contacted bitsnbolts and they told me the only beta they have is the one on the website 1.52b5 and that still has the memory problem. i am forced to use backupbuddy because i cannot count on backupman

Fred
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The hotsync backup does not back up all the programs you have installed. I like the backup to the SD card as I can restore anywhere I am. I've had to do that a couple of times in the past (pre-650).
    I did a hard reset on my T650 last night. I then hotsynced. And everything was back as it was before I did the hard reset. Software, contacts and phone settings.

what files are need to keep my contacts and phone settings?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Backupman works for some but for most it doesnt. I tried it several times and nothing. Completely useless. I have stuck with the latest version of Tealbackup and it has saved me plenty when I have needed to do a hard reset to clear up a problem.
    I'm using BackupMan successfully, with scheduled backups too. My version is 1.52b5. Make sure you have the latest version. Here's a link...

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/tungsten_t5.html
    --Just got my Treo 650 on Valentines day. Now my Sony UX50 and Nokia 6820 are in the dresser resting comfortably next to my socks Unlocked gsm. Hardware:A Firmware:01.14 Software:Treo650-1.05-ROW Palm OS:Garnet v. 5.4.5 ...in case you were wondering
    See the last post on this page:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=73164&page=2

for why I won't use BackupBuddy for Windows any more.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I use BackupBuddy for Windows without any problems. I do a checkpoint every time I hotsync, so I can go back to any point in time I want.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast