Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I have an unlocked GSM in the UK. I have not had any problems witht he phone apart from the following:

Sound quality and noise cancelling on the phone is quite bad outside.
    Tamephone breaks the call menu in the phone app.
    Chattermail produces resets when using Docs to go and some other apps. I had to remove all preference databases to get it working again.

All of these problems are software issues, I have not had any hardware issues with the phone at all. I guess I am one of the lucky ones!

Justin
    --
    Technology your way <a href="http://www.ninetyten.com">ninetyten.com</a>
    Out of curiosity, when did you get your unlocked GSM and what's the firmware and software versions?

I have firmware 1.14 and software 1.05. I know p1 has been shipping unlocked units with 1.15 and 1.06...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    I just bought an unlocked Treo 650, and have inserted a Cingular sim card with data plan. Versamail seems to work fine, but I have not been able to connect to the internet -- not even once. I tried calling Cingular tech support, but because I bought it unlocked they only helped for about 20 minutes and when they could not figure it out, they gave up. I have also had other problems: unable to open adobe attachments to emails, and i tried to install a program that is supposed to play WAV files attached to emails, which also doesnt work. Basically, I am really disappointed and wish I could get my money back, but cant.
    Got mine on 2/10 this year. Has almost been flawless except for Versamail. Gave up on VM fairly early and use Agendus mail (works well with Agendus Pro which I also have). Have tons of apps loaded with most running from 2GB SD card. I also use zLauncher and have about 12 MB free RAM. Also have about 1 MB of mp3 files. Have never had a reset except when attempting to run an unruly app. Mine was locked originally, but I was able to get Cingular to unlock it a few months ago.

I absolutely love my Treo!

The only issues I've ever had were related to sound issues. GoTreoSoftware's Volume Care and now ProfileCare have cured those issues, so currently I have no issues at all. Blazer works well for me and I'm on Cingular's unlimited PDA plan.

Have used it in Europe many times and have not had any issues overseas on both Cingular and prepaid SIMs.

For me, it's a great PDA and phone device. Couldn't be happier!
    Cingular phone(locked/branded) and service. I havent screwed with it at all. Only prolems I have is that versamail freezes 1 out of 20 times I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by meatloafed
    I just bought an unlocked Treo 650, and have inserted a Cingular sim card with data plan. Versamail seems to work fine, but I have not been able to connect to the internet -- not even once. I tried calling Cingular tech support, but because I bought it unlocked they only helped for about 20 minutes and when they could not figure it out, they gave up. I have also had other problems: unable to open adobe attachments to emails, and i tried to install a program that is supposed to play WAV files attached to emails, which also doesnt work. Basically, I am really disappointed and wish I could get my money back, but cant.
    So.. I have a stupid question. How are you getting waves and "adobe" attachments in email if you can't get on the internet.

First post? I say trolling.
    I've had an unlocked GSM Treo 650 for 3 months and I'm very satisfied with it. (T-Mobile service) The free overnight shipping was a plus. After upgrading to the 1.28 firmware, the stability and voice quality improved greatly. I would say my satisfaction increased a lot after the firmware update. At most I get a reset every 3 weeks, which is "ok". Less stable than I would expect from a Palm device, but hopefully it will improve with future updates. I would agree that usually it's only the people with problems that you hear from. The people that are satisfied don't always speak up. I can't imagine not carrying my treo with me everywhere...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345