Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If this needs to be in the marketplace, the moderator can move it.

I don't work for CompUSA or know anyone who does, but they are running big specials right now. Almost all of their phones for any carrier are really cheap. I picked up a 650 (existing customer replacing my old phone) for $599 - $150 instant rebate - $75 instant rebate + a mail-in rebate for the $100 gift card. $275 for a new 650 is pretty nuts!

I've spent all day loading it up with programs. I even found www.shadowmite.com and made my own custom ROM with a few extra programs.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    How? Do you give them your old phone... ****e, i'd love to get that price... but my second one is working for once! (for existing customers?)

d'oh
    What carrier are they for?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    If this needs to be in the marketplace, the moderator can move it.

I don't work for CompUSA or know anyone who does, but they are running big specials right now. Almost all of their phones for any carrier are really cheap. I picked up a 650 (existing customer replacing my old phone) for $599 - $150 instant rebate - $75 instant rebate + a mail-in rebate for the $100 gift card. $275 for a new 650 is pretty nuts!

I've spent all day loading it up with programs. I even found www.shadowmite.com and made my own custom ROM with a few extra programs.

Unlocked as well ?......
    It would have to be sprint if he installed a custom rom
    This is too good to be true. I tried to contact my local CompUSA store to confirm this special sale, but no one picked up so I just left a message. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.
    I'm going to pick one up today...does anyone know if they have a 14 or 30 day return policy like sprint?
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    This is too good to be true. I tried to contact my local CompUSA store to confirm this special sale, but no one picked up so I just left a message. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.
    I called, they confirmed: $75 instant rebate + a mail-in rebate for the $100 gift card. I believe the $150 is for new customers...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    I believe the $150 is for new customers...
    Aah, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks.
    I'm going to pick one up today...does anyone know if they have a 14 or 30 day return policy like sprint?
    They have a terrible return policy, 15% "restocking" I avoid Compusa at all cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    They have a terrible return policy, 15% "restocking" I avoid Compusa at all cost.
    Not on phones, Cg. I returned my Treo650 to COMPUSA after 3 weeks for 100% refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by technogrammy
    What carrier are they for?
    Sprint. CompUSA does not sell Cingular phones
    Just called the North Austin store and they said that it's $599 unless you activate in store. I would drive to check it out, but that's an hour and a half away. (Gotta love them closing the local store!)
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Sprint. CompUSA does not sell Cingular phones
    Not true...the Compusa in Brandon Florida does in fact have Cingular phones...just dont know if they have this phone in stock...didnt check but was looking at Cingular plans a few weeks ago at that Compusa store

rob
  15.    #15  
    My store doesn't do new activations, so everyone (new and existing) get the same rebate! Mine was for Sprint. I know that they have the Treo 600 for T-Mobile.

I didn't have to turn in my old phone or anything. $375, not including the mail-in rebate for $100. That rebate might not work because it's supposed to be for new activations, but the $150 and $75 rebates are instant in the store.
    OK here's the Deal, went to CompUSA they are offering the same stuff eveyone else is but it's only for new customers...the difference for new customer you get a $100 gift card also...I didn't check the dates at when you get these promotions...I've heard of some promotions making you wait 6months to file them... Ohh...they did charge a restock fee

Anyway I went to the Sprint store afterwards and picked up a new T650 from them with my $150 18month credit...I'm trying the 14 day return policy and seeing if I have the horrible problems I heard about, if it acts a fool, it's going back!

Maybe I should not have listed my T600 so quickly on Ebay!

17.    #17  
    The salesperson did say that the rebates were for existing customers also. People getting new service don't actually sign up for plans at CompUSA, they just purchase the phone (with the instant rebates) and then call Sprint or go into a Sprint store to setup their plans.

All I know is that I'm an existing customer and paid $374.99 + tax. The $100 mail-in rebate for the gift card DOES say that you have to activate a new line of service, so I doubt that I'll get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The salesperson did say that the rebates were for existing customers also. People getting new service don't actually sign up for plans at CompUSA, they just purchase the phone (with the instant rebates) and then call Sprint or go into a Sprint store to setup their plans.

All I know is that I'm an existing customer and paid $374.99 + tax. The $100 mail-in rebate for the gift card DOES say that you have to activate a new line of service, so I doubt that I'll get that.

Did they get any personal information from you to pass on to Sprint? if so you might get billed back...

Let me know, cause I might do the same

The CompUSA's around me do not sell Cingular phones. I wish they did, because I tend to always get the best deals from them.
  20.    #20  
    Did they get any personal information from you to pass on to Sprint? if so you might get billed back...

Let me know, cause I might do the same
    None. The purchase was all done by CompUSA. The receipt makes no mention of name, phone number, or anything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast