Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The salesperson did say that the rebates were for existing customers also. People getting new service don't actually sign up for plans at CompUSA, they just purchase the phone (with the instant rebates) and then call Sprint or go into a Sprint store to setup their plans.

All I know is that I'm an existing customer and paid $374.99 + tax. The $100 mail-in rebate for the gift card DOES say that you have to activate a new line of service, so I doubt that I'll get that.
    I went to CompUSA today and they DO activate new Sprint service there. I was told I would get the $75 instant rebate ONLY if I was already a Sprint customer. If they activated the line in the CompUSA store, then I would also get the $150 instant rebate and $100 gift card...but only to new Sprint customers

Someone here is not telling the whole truth. Unless only certain CompUSA stores activate lines? The store I went to is in Monrovia, CA

Also..they had a sign under the Treo 600 that said something about a special deal from Feb 13-Feb 28...are you sure we are talking about the 650 here and not the 600?
    -Cal
    This is not in compUSA weekly circular. So, it maybe a special at some individual stores the original thread poster went to. I was at a CompUSA in Sacramento yesterday. There is not such special on T650.

When I bought my T650 on 12/29 from CompUSA they had $150 instant, $50 mail-in, and a free $99 BT headset. Since I returned it to them, I did not send that mail-in. But the nice manager let me keep the BT headset. Isn't that sweet?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    I went to CompUSA today and they DO activate new Sprint service there. I was told I would get the $75 instant rebate ONLY if I was already a Sprint customer. If they activated the line in the CompUSA store, then I would also get the $150 instant rebate and $100 gift card...but only to new Sprint customers

Someone here is not telling the whole truth. Unless only certain CompUSA stores activate lines? The store I went to is in Monrovia, CA

Also..they had a sign under the Treo 600 that said something about a special deal from Feb 13-Feb 28...are you sure we are talking about the 650 here and not the 600?
    My CompUSA does not do the activations in the store. The sales rep has to walk you to the register with the phone (maybe so you don't steal it?) and they just ring you up. The price for the phone was $374.99 + tax. I got the sales receipt and a second receipt which is the $100 mail-in rebate for the gift card.
    I just got back from my local compusa in Boston and they had very clear signage with this deal. The only thing was both instant rebates were marked as only being application with new service activation. I asked the store manager to see if I could get the $75 discount and he said he could only sell it to me at full price. This is very frustrating because i don't even still have a contract with Sprint, yet since I already have an account, I can't qualify for any discounts other than the $150 18/month deal.
    I called as well today at the Fountain Valley, CA store and it was $599.99 and she even told me there werent any discounts!? (This is why I don't shop there.)
  6.    #26  
    The signs at my store said the same thing, but it wasn't true upon checkout. It's sounding more and more like I got an unusually good deal. I had a CompUSA gift certificate already, so I was going to get the 650 from them no matter what the price. When it rang up at $375 (before applying my gift card), I was pleasantly surprised.
    ^^ Sounds like you lucked out, Congrats
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Has anyone found this deal at a CompUSA in the SF Peninsula area?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12