1.    #1  
    I am new to the palm family and love the functionality and potential of the product. There is just one problem...it does not work!! 80% of my calls have been dropped. Voicemail number randomly changes. Randomly turns itself on. Performs a soft reset at least 5 times a day. "cracks and pops" when on the phone. Are you having these same problems? Will Palm address these issues?

The lady at the Cingular store said that every Treo 650 they sold has come back in the door. How is this possible? Is Palm notoriuos for making products that do not work? Is their support that bad? Please provide feedback. Need to decide whether to search for new options or wait for Palm to fix the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevansabg
    I am new to the palm family and love the functionality and potential of the product. There is just one problem...it does not work!! 80% of my calls have been dropped. Voicemail number randomly changes. Randomly turns itself on. Performs a soft reset at least 5 times a day. "cracks and pops" when on the phone. Are you having these same problems? Will Palm address these issues?

The lady at the Cingular store said that every Treo 650 they sold has come back in the door. How is this possible? Is Palm notoriuos for making products that do not work? Is their support that bad? Please provide feedback. Need to decide whether to search for new options or wait for Palm to fix the problem. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/frown.gif
    Check out thread: Cingular TREO 650 Problems and Returns posted today. I had the exact same issues. I am also another Cigular customer getting the run around.
    My 650 GSM works like a champ....
    So does mine...maybe I'm just not enough of a power user to make mine unstable. :-)
    I'm using an unlocked 650 GSM on T-Mobile and seems perfectly fine so far.
    Last edited by bcaslis; 02/15/2005 at 04:46 PM.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    My first unlocked gsm treo was locking up and resetting like crazy. I replaced it for a new one, and it has been working great so far.
    I haven't actually used mine terribly much as a phone yet, so I couldn't tell you.

Data works great, haven't tried bluetooth yet.

Unlocked 650 on T-Mobile.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    i get the occasional involuntary soft reset, but they're too and far in between. i do notice that it's usually when i'm running ptunes at full blast, while refreshing the tcmobile forums, and updating my email, all while in a low signal area. guess this thing can only multitask so much at any given time

other than that, i am completely satified with my purchase of the treo 650. meaning that i feel complete now
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    i get the occasional involuntary soft reset, but they're too and far in between. i do notice that it's usually when i'm running ptunes at full blast, while refreshing the tcmobile forums, and updating my email, all while in a low signal area. guess this thing can only multitask so much at any given time ...
    You should try overclocking the processor with PXAClocker from 312Mhz to like 500 or something while you do all that. Then you will be cooking (literally).

P.S. The preceding suggestion should not be tried at home and only by a skilled professional..
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    You should try overclocking the processor with PXAClocker from 312Mhz to like 500 or something while you do all that. Then you will be cooking (literally).

P.S. The preceding suggestion should not be tried at home and only by a skilled professional..
    heh, you know i read your above post and was just about to ask you some questions on your success with the pxa overclocker. mainly: how long have you been running it? any noticeable artifacts regarding music or video playback? is it a worthy venture?

i'm a computer system tweaker at heart which is what drew me to the treo in the first place. whether it's tweaking the registry, system.ini, host files, a graphics card, a specific gaming engine, services, global settings, etc. i'm all about increasing performance at the cost of slightly lesser stability. it puts a little twinkle in my eye knowing that i can add value to a device at a price that is next to nothing
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I love PXAClocker, but that program is a RECIPE for disaster. I love it anyway.

I use it on an app by app basis because I read somewhere it didn't get along with ChatterMail, which runs in the background all the time. So I sped up Acrobat Reader to 394Mhz and slowed down Chess and Frozbits (games) to 154 (to save battery). I also increased it to 394Mhz for Blazer, but since I browse alot I was afraid I would drain the battery too fast.

It is cool to experiment - get the Pro version so you can modify the speed of apps on the SD card. However, have a really, really, really good backup handy cause you are treading into hard reset territory....
    Quote Originally Posted by bevansabg

The lady at the Cingular store said that every Treo 650 they sold has come back in the door. How is this possible? Is Palm notoriuos for making products that do not work? Is their support that bad? Please provide feedback. Need to decide whether to search for new options or wait for Palm to fix the problem.
    sorry, mine works great, the only lockup I had was when I got the bluetooth headset confused and that was only once...
    Mine's been working beautfiully.

I recall reading a post by someone stating Cingular delayed the release of the Treo 650 because there were software issues with it. If that's true, perhaps, Cingular wasn't able to fix the problem with all of the phones they had.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Mine's been working beautfiully.

I recall reading a post by someone stating Cingular delayed the release of the Treo 650 because there were software issues with it. If that's true, perhaps, Cingular wasn't able to fix the problem with all of the phones they had.
    Same here
    Unlocked on T mobile. Simply rocks..
    It seems like Sprint and Cingular software may have been a contributing factor .
    The number is small, but overall the unlocked ones seem to be doing well.
    I may be wrong for two reasons :
    1.Lesser duration of time with unlocked treo's as they just came out ,however that should not be a contributing factor as most problems are experienced within initial few days.
    2.The number of people using unlocked units appear to be few, therefore we represent a small sample size and more problems will be reported as the sample size grows.