1.    #1  
    whats the diffrence other than screen and bt i cant decide
    Bluetooth and high resolution screen.
    I may be bias as I have never had a problem with my T600. I am on my original phone purchased the day they were released,Oct. 03. However, I probably will upgrade to T650 if I have problems. I'm not doubting people have had trouble with both models but 8th replacment, come on
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Bluetooth (for handsets)
    hi-res screen (it's nice, but not worth the extra $200 to me)
    faster cpu (will you even notice?)
    squishier keyboard (soft rubber buttons)
    programmable button next to the volume buttons
    early adopter's risk (you're trading the known problems with the 600 for possible unknown problems with the 650)
    Quote Originally Posted by sumorai
    Bluetooth (for handsets)
    hi-res screen (it's nice, but not worth the extra $200 to me)
    faster cpu (will you even notice?)
    squishier keyboard (soft rubber buttons)
    programmable button next to the volume buttons
    early adopter's risk (you're trading the known problems with the 600 for possible unknown problems with the 650)
    Don't forget DUN w/BT, as well as syncing.

Hi-res may not be worth $200, but it is so much better to view

Squishier keyboard? To each his own I guess. The buttons are are shaped better on the 650, and also the layout is better. The 600's keys are in a straight line. The 650 is arched, making it more natural for your thumbs to type.

Haven't noticed any speed differences.

Programmable button...well, not like I ever use it.

And I don't mind being an "early adopter." What little trouble I've had is nowhere near annoying to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I don't have anything against the 650's keyboard, if it came across that way. It's just softer buttons than the 600.
    faster cpu might be noticed with web pages, movies and other graphic intense situations.
    I dont know if anyone has verified this or not, but has the infrared port been strengthened? I have NoviRemote on my CDMA 600 and it gets ****-poor range and Novi wont release the blaster for the Treo. Either way, I am getting a 650 as soon as I can. Maybe a graduation present to myself!
    Another distinct difference between the Treo 600 and the 650 is that the 650 has essentially 33-40 percent LESS internal memory when compared to the old Treo 600. I could workaround everything but that, and IMHO for $600 I shouldn't have to - it's supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT over the 600.

Second in line for problems would be the semi-substantial 'early adopter' penalty for all the changes in the 650. It took about 6 months for the 600s to become very stable, and 16 months aft(
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Agree w/Joad. The screen is REALLY NICE looking (especially side by side w/my 600), but until there is more memory in the 650 (or a more efficient use of what is there), I'll remain true to my trusty 600.
    I think the 650 is a great choice if you dont already have the 600 . BUT if you are upgrading, you really have to need the extra feature to justify it (BT, screen, rem battery option, etc.) The fact that none of my accessories will work for the 650 is holding me back.

The 650 is nice though. I'm jealous of my friends.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad
    Another distinct difference between the Treo 600 and the 650 is that the 650 has essentially 33-40 percent LESS internal memory when compared to the old Treo 600. I could workaround everything but that, and IMHO for $600 I shouldn't have to - it's supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT over the 600.

Second in line for problems would be the semi-substantial 'early adopter' penalty for all the changes in the 650. It took about 6 months for the 600s to become very stable, and 16 months aft(
    If you use the doc to go tool and move that to the sd card you save 4 meg, big help.
    If you use powerrun or zlauncher you can move almost everything to the SD card.
    The HighRes and Faster CPU makes the memory issue almost a non issue. If you get a 600 you will kick yourself for the HighRes screen itís a big differentiator
    I have been reading this Treocentral discussions since I was waiting for the 600 to be released. I have enjoyed reading this blog more than any other casual reading for a long time without ever posting a word.
    The Treo 600 has been great. I add applications, customize, listen to music take quick reference photo for work and life and check email all day.

I purchased the new GSM TREO 650 and was one of the first to receive it from Palmone. I loaded up all my favorite applications. Beamed all my data (instead of a sync upgrade) organized, read everything I could on the web and found out the hard way that the lists of compatible software are generally correct. The hard-resets, soft-resets, looping-resets losing my favorite programs, the lousy bluetooth....I could live with all that. But...
    I COULDN'T HEAR PEOPLE ON THE PHONE!!!
    I was constantly trying to turn the volume up. The speaker phone was even worse. I thought "this must just be my phone" Nope. Everyone seems to have low volume levels. uuuuuuuhhhhh.....GOODBYE.
    SOLD!!! I sold it after 5 days of torture for more than I paid.

Going back to my 600 full time was like going back to a great girlfriend I almost left. I have fallen in love again. NO PROBLEMS. Email in a flash (Versamail is lame!!!), AOL software works, Webpro runs circles around Blazer, my 600 is loud, clear, crisp...with a working speakerphone.
    It's a PHONE! At very least it should do that perfectly. You can get a fantastic phone practically for free from any service.
    THE TREO 650 IS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME....AT ALL.

I AM BUYING MY BACK-UP TREO 600 TONIGHT.

It will be a long time before the volume problem is fixed (either software or hardware....who knows) That's the make-or-brake. The other problems will have various fixes. Aftermarket products that help. Programs re-written. Until then.....The Treo 600 rocks-on.
    HANDWOUND TREO

SHARP CALCULATOR>SHARP ORGANIZERS>PALM PILOT>PALM Vs>SONY CLIE>BLACKBERRY>SONY UX50>TUNGSTEN C & W>TREO 600>TREO650
    You're all overlooking the mirror for self portraits on the back of the 650. As soon as Verizon supports it, I'm getting one