1.    #1  
    hello all. i am new to this forum, or at least as a member. ive been reading these forums for quite a while now. ive recently purchased a 650 (gsm?cingular).

i havent had palm for a number of years and had a question about upgrading.

i am anxiously awaiting tigers release for os x. i usually am the type to buy on the day of release. what i am worried about is how long it takes for palm to create a update for tiger. is it a good idea to wait a few weeks? do i even need to worry about the palm update? any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

________

about the mac side of me...
    primary machines: 15 inch tibook and dual g4 tower (for final cut pro & pro tools work)
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    It seems that it is always a good idea to wait on an update. I usually update the day of release also, but it usually causes more problems that helps anything. I would wait and read the posts to see if anyone is having problems with the update first.
    If you go with The MissingSync now you shouldn't have to worry about Tiger. I'm sure MarkSpace the makers of MissingSync are already testing on Tiger as a Apple developer. Missing Sync takes place of the Palm HotSync engine, plus adds many features and is updated on a regular basis. You can read more about it on the boards here, or The MissingSync
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  4.    #4  
    thanx. i forgot about third party companies. that makes a lot of sense.

any of you running a beta of tiger. ive seen them on a few p2p sites. i ran a panther beta but it was a really early one and was too buggy for my liking. i must admit i like the final result though.