1.    #1  
    Is there a way for the Treo 650 to use voice tags for phone dialing. I've been through all the documentation and I can't find anything that supports this. I find it really hard to believe that my two year old Nokia 6310i supports this and the Treo 650 doesn't. I also realize that Cingular would like the user to pony up 4.99/month for their voice dial service, but you would think that there would be a way to do this.

Is there a piece of software that is commercially available that supports this?

best,

Fred
    Voice Dialer is what you are looking for. You can find infor here and a link to the developer's website:

http://mytreo.net/downloads/modules....etails/lid/359
    I have tried both Voice Dialer (mentioned by moppet52) and a software from Voice Signal http://www.voicesignal.com. I think the latter is $5 more expensive.

In my own opinion, I like the VoiceSignal product more because it is a true voice recognition program that allows you to voice dial a contact name or a phone number, all without having to pre-record voice clip for each contact.

For example, you can dial someone in your contact list by saying one of the following:

"Call John" If John has multiple numbers, you will be asked to select one.
    "Call John mobile" will dail John's cell phone.

I use the following feature the most:

"Call 1212-555-5555" to call any number not registered in my contact list.

Like I said, the best feature of this product is the voice recognition. I didn't have to speak a name to save to a voice clip and then associate it to a particular entry in the contact database. This is a common practice in many voice-dial-enabled phones but is way too time consuming. And some phones with limited memory won't let you save more than a dozen or so voice clips...thus you can only voice dial a limited number of names in your contact.

I haven't figured out how to use VoiceSignal with my BT headset yet. For now, I have to speak to the mic on the Treo 650. I am should it will work with a headset (wired or wireless).
    No built-in way, but as they have said Voice Dialer from VoiceSignal is awesome! The only problem is that there is no way to do voice dialing via a bluetooth headset (with any product on the Treo). Voice Signal has said that palmOne needs to add a hook in their bluetooth implementation to allow that.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Can't find a place to buy Voicesignal. Their website only has PCLink available for purchase. Any idea why or where to demo this? I was looking for this type of solution (wasn't happy with having to record tags with Voice Dialer). TIA
    Doh! Won't work with Goodlink. Very disappointing.
    What will work with the BT250 from Jabra? It says it works with voice tags.
    lawilson, no current headsets will support voice tags on the Treo. Some handfree kits do, if they have it built in. The Treo itself doesn't support it.